Question Time tonight

Can you not read or something. By British what are you meaning because how many Smith's Jones or Green have been suicide bombers recently.

Sorry but she said, "why can't we deport terrorists?"

I've just asked, what if they're British and You've come back saying none of them have British sounding surnames so must be foreign.

I'm not sure what constitutes being British in your book but surnames isn't one of them

Try again, if a terrorist is found and is British, how do you deport them? Where do you deport them to?

Last edited:
Sorry but she said, "why can't we deport terrorists?"

I've just asked, what if they're British and You've come back saying none of them have British sounding surnames so must be foreign.

I'm not sure what constitutes being British in your book but surnames isn't one of them
Sorry mate i've got work tomorrow and you're just a troll, but I'll fall for it, if the potential child murdering bastards British ie has no claim to another Nationality through parentage then lock him/her away until the end of their days, should they be foreign born or have a claim to a foreign nationality then deport them to a life they wish to live. Is that clear enough.

If our government doesn't represent our views then surely they'll be voted out in the next General election, I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you though.
Our elections aren't effective at representing our views because the options are so limited. It's usually 2 parties with a chance of winning and I can't remember the last time there was something that felt like an alternative like we have with Corbyn (whether you like him or not he is different to the same old). Even if Corbyn got into power for example though, there are matters of government that the government conducts itself in without keeping in the forefront of their minds that they are representing the people. Prime example - did we have a vote on the Iraq war? No, it was a single grinning man and his personal support group pushing for it regardless of what the people felt.

We don't vote on the important matters because "ah how many referendums are ya gonna make me get off me arse for."

Sorry mate i've got work tomorrow and you're just a troll, but I'll fall for it, if the potential child murdering bastards British ie has no claim to another Nationality through parentage then lock him/her away until the end of their days, should they be foreign born or have a claim to a foreign nationality then deport them to a life they wish to live. Is that clear enough.

Crystal. All about purity then.

So if they are British born but share nationality due to parentage then they go back to the "other" country. Got it

Must be the foreign part of their genetic make-up that is evil then. Cheers for clearing that up. Lunacy

Totally unworkable in a legal sense and as demonstrated perfectly by your good self, is built on a very nasty premise.

I did think that Question Time was well-rounded and am satisfied it covered key issues that needed addressing.

Credit to the muslim girl at the end that spoke out - her and the other muslim girl showed a contrast that exists within UK muslim communities. Some will just deny it all because they automatically get defensive about their faith (probably the same trait where people get defensive over other things). There was the more extreme leaning string within communities here that they touched on there at the end with Nazir Afzal that opened my eyes a bit - the sort of thing that you doubt because it sounds like what an EDL member would bang on about. About the no women in mosques and having community leaders (he made the contrast that there's no white/British community leaders) etc., which made me think back to when some posters on here mentioned muslim community leaders going round to get them to follow how "the community" was voting.

Felt like they were unrooting sensitive issues that though they are sensitive, need to be addressed if we're gonna tackle this effectively because we're opening up dialogue about it and people that aren't part of that community can begin to understand the struggles within it.

Credit to the muslim girl at the end that spoke out - her and the other muslim girl showed a contrast that exists within UK muslim communities. Some will just deny it all because they automatically get defensive about their faith (probably the same trait where people get defensive over other things).
There is the tendency to get defensive about their faith, but that's also a common tactic of the religious apologist, the try to deflect any criticism to any other issue. There's also a tendency from some religious apologists to have quite different rhetoric when speaking in front of a general audience, and when speaking exclusively to members of their own community, and you see them getting uncomfortable when the rhetoric from the latter situation is revealed in the former, as happened with that leaflet. It might turn out to be bullshit, but it wouldn't be the first time that some literature circulating within a Muslim organisation was in dramatic contrast with the public relations image they try to present.

You see it all the time on TV debates. Religious fundamentalists hiding behind the language of the liberal side of politics when defending Islam from criticism. And yet when you actually try to get them to condemn blatantly illiberal actions carried out in the name of Islam, it's like pulling teeth. The best example is The Big Questions regular Raza Nadim, who has struggled to condemn stoning for adultery, and yet is always on TV playing the liberal tune whenever Islam is criticised.

Not normally a Burnham fan but thought he came across quite well tonight.

When Andy is passionate he tends to come across better than when he is scripted. My criticism of him last night was more to do with him rubbishing initiatives he doesn't understand or chooses not to.

He slated Prevent and praised the Prace Foundation (that delivery Prevent. He keeps saying that Prevent is targeted at the Muslim population but the training I received was more focussed on right wing extremism.

I agree Prevent can be improved or rebrandedand but Andy wasn't doing any one any favours slating a source of community intelligence and support. He was doing what the extremist want.

I agree Prevent can be improved or rebrandedand but Andy wasn't doing any one any favours slating a source of community intelligence and support. He was doing what the extremist want.

He deflected the conversation a couple of times citing the Jo Cox murder and seemed to be more interested in right wing extremism. Right axe wrong time different topic.

That is admirable, but it cant work with an ideology that wants to destroy the western world as we know it

I agree In the main Wes and that's why we are reliant on well resources, high quality security services. However, there is a lot of people who are not yet radicalised but susceptible to it, who can probably be helped.

I think panel members mentioned that young people are being bombarded with propoganda that the Caliphate is a sort of Disneyland for Muslims. The reality needs to be conveyed and that's more powerful if it comes from younger people in these communities as the panel said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.