Queues

People cite Germany as being the benchmark. When Monchengladbach played against us last season I was told a police officer used a megaphone to tell all of them congregated in Manchester that it was probably time for them to start moving to the ground. That was at 17:30 and by 18:00 they were waiting outside the stadium to get in. We want all the benefits the Germans have but can't be arsed getting in the ground early...

Usually leave City square about 40 minutes befor kick off, on the concourse in 201 in 5-10 minutes. Is this just a south stand issue?
Usually about 40 minutes myself and have no problem. I do wonder why the club don't close down City Square a good 30 minutes before kick off to reduce queues but also to encourage people to get in their seats before kick off.

People cite Germany as being the benchmark. When Monchengladbach played against us last season I was told a police officer used a megaphone to tell all of them congregated in Manchester that it was probably time for them to start moving to the ground. That was at 17:30 and by 18:00 they were waiting outside the stadium to get in. We want all the benefits the Germans have but can't be arsed getting in the ground early...
Why would anybody want to be in the ground so early? It's nonsense. I get that trying to get in 5 mins before kick off might be pushing it but over an hour is ridiculous.
The club want this to happen for financial reasons more than anything else, the security side to it is just a good excuse to hide behind.

It's all very well telling people to get there an hour early, but I suspect that's not possible for many of those working today. Regardless, who wants to be inside a dry stadium a full hour before the game kicks off anyway?!

It's all very well telling people to get there an hour early, but I suspect that's not possible for many of those working today. Regardless, who wants to be inside a dry stadium a full hour before the game kicks off anyway?!

I think the point is Ric that you can get there an hour before the match but not get into the ground itself until 10 or 15 minutes before kick off because of the queue outside. I appreciate that for some that isn't happening but this season I've queued quite often for anything from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. It hasn't happened before this one & I blame that daft aquarium tunnel building!!

I know that people have to leave work early, I have to wait for the Eccles Supporters club bus so I can't go in my own time if that makes sense. But the club in a way can't do right for doing wrong. They warn us & we don't like it, they don't warn us & we still don't like it. :-)

I think the point is Ric that you can get there an hour before the match but not get into the ground itself until 10 or 15 minutes before kick off because of the queue outside. I appreciate that for some that isn't happening but this season I've queued quite often for anything from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. It hasn't happened before this one & I blame that daft aquarium tunnel building!!

I know that people have to leave work early, I have to wait for the Eccles Supporters club bus so I can't go in my own time if that makes sense. But the club in a way can't do right for doing wrong. They warn us & we don't like it, they don't warn us & we still don't like it. :-)

Yeah I agree if you are there 60 mins before ypu may only get in 10 mins before kick off, bit this was never the case in many years but the queue have not only coincided with glass tunnel, they were starting to manifest last couple of games last year and for P entrance nearly every home game this year, I will say they are worse now Y & P entry is unanailable together because of the tunnel, but the far over the top security measures put in place by the club ( not showsec who despite being shite are only doing what they are told) have caused no end of problems along with the non existent organisation with queues snaking in any direction, late comers jibbin in the queue and showsec abbandoning the searches when time to kick off srarts to come around.

Last edited:

Many people aren't allowed to leave work early. They leave work when work has finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.