Racial abuse on train?

If I was in a bank with a sawn off shotgun in my face, I wouldn't do anything the bank can afford to lose a few quid and the two scenarios are nothing alike.

If I was on a train and some blokes were banging on a door to get to a 14 year old kid (which is what has been alleged) then I would step in, not because I'm some sort of hardman or hero. quite the opposite i'm a total shithouse, but because I couldn't just sit there watching some poor kid who cant defend himself getting abused. If you saw an old lady getting her handbag snatched walking down the road would you just walk on by and pretend you didn't see anything?

Like I say, we wont agree on this. I've been brought up differently, I couldn't just walk on by and pretend nothing has happened. But then again, I've not got kids or anything so taking a bit of a kicking to try to protect a child, I've only got myself to think about.
Again, you're calling it a 'some blokes' when by the sound of it, it was a carriage full of pissed up football fans and as such I would say you're understating the alleged situation to underpin your point of view. Two blokes, some blokes is one thing, a carriage full of pissed up football fans is something completely different.

In terms of the old lady being mugged, if I could apprehend the culprit then I'd probably do so, but to be honest doing so would come second to helping the old lady in the first place. Neither is the right or wrong course of action, its just a choice one would have to make in a split second but if you're asking if I'd just walk past and ignore her then that is a firm no. What would be a better analogy would be if it was an old lady being abused by people in a group of 30-40 pissed up football fans, then I probably wouldn't intervene, but I'd wait until the situation had dissipated and then assist her.

I remember getting into trouble as a youngster because of someone verbally starting on me, and I'll always remember my mother saying 'Son, it was just words and those words won't break your bones. Now look at the trouble you're in because of words.' I'm not condoning racist taunts in any way shape or form, but experience has taught me there isn't a one-size-fits all reaction to every situation. Each situation you find yourself in has to be weighed up on their individual merits and for me shoving a camera in the faces of a carriage full of pissed up football fans isn't a very bright idea imo.

Again, you're calling it a 'some blokes' when by the sound of it, it was a carriage full of pissed up football fans and as such I would say you're understating the alleged situation to underpin your point of view. Two blokes, some blokes is one thing, a carriage full of pissed up football fans is something completely different.

In terms of the old lady being mugged, if I could apprehend the culprit then I'd probably do so, but to be honest doing so would come second to helping the old lady in the first place. Neither is the right or wrong course of action, its just a choice one would have to make in a split second but if you're asking if I'd just walk past and ignore her then that is a firm no. What would be a better analogy would be if it was an old lady being abused by people in a group of 30-40 pissed up football fans, then I probably wouldn't intervene, but I'd wait until the situation had dissipated and then assist her.

I remember getting into trouble as a youngster because of someone verbally starting on me, and I'll always remember my mother saying 'Son, it was just words and those words won't break your bones. Now look at the trouble you're in because of words.' I'm not condoning racist taunts in any way shape or form, but experience has taught me there isn't a one-size-fits all reaction to every situation. Each situation you find yourself in has to be weighed up on their individual merits and for me shoving a camera in the faces of a carriage full of pissed up football fans isn't a very bright idea.

I would suggest that you are overestimating the alleged situation without any evidence whatsoever, your now saying it was a carriage full of pissed up footy fans all baying for a 14yos blood, maybe a good thing for you to do is step away from the thread until some fact come out, and mate your coming across as if your scared of you own shadow.

I was on the 5:20pm train coming back and it wasn't anywhere near full, plus I think there were police on the train and they certainly hauled a few lads off to one side at Piccadilly and were having words with them. It was a dry train, I didn't see or hear any rowdiness on the train and I can't imagine the 6pm train would have been much different. If lads were going on the piss, they'd have been travelling later I imagine.

That doesn't mean that something didn't happen on that train but I suspect that if it was something really serious we'd have heard about it from other sources. What I don't understand is why they went to the MEN when the police were supposedly investigating it. Maybe the parents or kid were being a bit lippy and provoked it, maybe they exaggerated the scale of the incident or maybe the police told them the incident didn't warrant any further action or there wasn't enough evidence to pursue it. No one but the people who witnessed it really knows.

Having said that, if there was an incident then I hope the people responsible get caught and punished.

I would suggest that you are overestimating the alleged situation without any evidence whatsoever, your now saying it was a carriage full of pissed up footy fans all baying for a 14yos blood, maybe a good thing for you to do is step away from the thread until some fact come out, and mate your coming across as if your scared of you own shadow.
Be surprised if it was a full carriage as it was an early kick off, blues had the option of multi trains home, we were on the 19.40 and they're were only about 15 people/ 10 blues in our carriage

Be surprised if it was a full carriage as it was an early kick off, blues had the option of multi trains home, we were on the 19.40 and they're were only about 15 people/ 10 blues in our carriage

I see it that way too mate, but Dribble seems to be under the impression a major firm was in the carriage abusing anything that wasn't white.

I was on the 5:20pm train coming back and it wasn't anywhere near full, plus I think there were police on the train and they certainly hauled a few lads off to one side at Piccadilly and were having words with them. It was a dry train, I didn't see or hear any rowdiness on the train and I can't imagine the 6pm train would have been much different. If lads were going on the piss, they'd have been travelling later I imagine.

That doesn't mean that something didn't happen on that train but I suspect that if it was something really serious we'd have heard about it from other sources. What I don't understand is why they went to the MEN when the police were supposedly investigating it. Maybe the parents or kid were being a bit lippy and provoked it, maybe they exaggerated the scale of the incident or maybe the police told them the incident didn't warrant any further action or there wasn't enough evidence to pursue it. No one but the people who witnessed it really knows.

Having said that, if there was an incident then I hope the people responsible get caught and punished.
This.

Three sides to every story.

As a train guard I have to be very careful when any allegations are made by passengers on my service. They have to be investigated, CCTV will be downloaded and the police will eventually decide if there's a case worth pursuing. Sadly every club has a minority off idiots that may have seen it as a bit of a laugh and if proven they will be heavily sanctioned and hopefully regretful of their actions.

At no point have I said anything categorically happened one way or the other and the issue I have is you and others pouring doubt on what may or may not have happened because on wasn't on Youtube. All I've done is offered a realistic scenarios to show something may of happened but people were sensible enough not to pull out a recording device in front of a group of pissed up, aggressive football fans and I fail to understand how you can fail to appreciate that.

In terms of being afraid of my own shadow, perhaps always being on my toes is why I'm still in one piece and relatively unscathed after all these years and I make no apologies for that Mr Tough Guy. :-)

At no point have I said anything categorically happened one way or the other and the issue I have is you and others pouring doubt on what may or may not have happened because on wasn't on Youtube. All I've done is offered a realistic scenarios to show something may of happened but people were sensible enough not to pull out a recording device in front of a group of pissed up, aggressive football fans and I fail to understand how you can fail to appreciate that.

In terms of being afraid of my own shadow, perhaps always being on my toes is why I'm still in one piece and relatively unscathed after all these years and I make no apologies for that Mr Tough Guy. :-)

I think you are making the same mistake as the ones you are alledging making a mistake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.