Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find these well thought out and reasoned posts are the most interesting .
Peter thinks Kolarov is great,i think that tells the vast majority of us all we need to know about his appraisal.

I thought Raheem looked very good,especially considering his recent enforced omission,he gave us some spark and impetus - he's a big miss so i'm glad he's back.

What did he do when he came on apart from fall over ?! Lost possession virtually every time he had it. When did he last have a good game ? He's bang average at best and for £50 m that is a complete joke ! He actually gets in the way of other players. Sane, Jesus and Nolito must play ahead of him and all will be come the new year.

What did he do when he came on apart from fall over ?! Lost possession virtually every time he had it. When did he last have a good game ? He's bang average at best and for £50 m that is a complete joke ! He actually gets in the way of other players. Sane, Jesus and Nolito must play ahead of him and all will be come the new year.

He should have had two assists, he continually beat his man and was arguably our most dangerous player in the short time he was on the pitch.

Other than that he was shit.

Turn it in please Pete,youre talking shite,again.

I do apologise that he didnt bring it back to 4-4.
He got on the ball in the final third more than Navas and Kelechi combined in his short stint

What on earth have you seen to suggest Sane has any kind of ability that he does not have?

Lets have a bet when fit, Sterling starts ahead of all 3 of those. He was our best player in the opening 5 games and he has a constant battle against mindless, sick insults from every single set of supporters in the country every week. The kid has been excellent in every single game we have won this year, and did not start in the chelsea loss, the leicester loss, the boro draw and the celtic draw... 4 of the worst results of the season.
Dont let those facts get in the way of your argument though pal.

I do apologise that he didnt bring it back to 4-4.
He got on the ball in the final third more than Navas and Kelechi combined in his short stint

What on earth have you seen to suggest Sane has any kind of ability that he does not have?

Lets have a bet when fit, Sterling starts ahead of all 3 of those. He was our best player in the opening 5 games and he has a constant battle against mindless, sick insults from every single set of supporters in the country every week. The kid has been excellent in every single game we have won this year, and did not start in the chelsea loss, the leicester loss, the boro draw and the celtic draw... 4 of the worst results of the season.
Dont let those facts get in the way of your argument though pal.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your argument ?! The facts are that he came on and contributed absolutely nothing other than give the ball away. Not one chance created or shot as far as I can recall in thirty minutes on the pitch. Another fact is that on the whole, and I am prepared to give him time, he was average to poor at best last season for reasons other people seem to think was down to Pellegrini / the system, excuses, excuses. He started the season OK, no more no less, and all was fine when we were winning, but he has been very poor and back to his worst in the last two months. I cannot recall a single game this season where he has turned the match in our favour, not necessarily a problem if others are doing it, but we always seem to have to rely on Ya Ya, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne ( who in my opinion has also been poor on the whole this season ), Fernandinho, etc, to actually take a game by the scruff of the neck. His technique at times is utterly wretched, another fact. I hope he proves me wrong but in my opinion for £50m we should be getting something more than a debatable upgrade on Navas. We shall see how the season pans out but I believe his time is almost up and Guardiola wont stand for it much longer. Nothing would please me more if I am proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.