Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Sterling often looks out of his depth in the team, he lacks the overall skill that most of the players possess.

What makes him effective is his incredible acceleration and 100% commitment, he gives it everything, going forward and backwards.

I don't think Sanchez would necessarily have taken his place long term.
out of his depth lol,top scorer unless sergio has caught him up

out of his depth in basic skills, not getting on the end of crosses and side footing it in.

He makes up for his lack of skill with an amazing work ethic and incredible speed

out of his depth in basic skills, not getting on the end of crosses and side footing it in.

He makes up for his lack of skill with an amazing work ethic and incredible speed
What basic skill do you think he's lacking to play in our team? Imo he has a good first touch, he's a very good dribbler, decent finisher, good passer and combined with those he's very clever and as you said is quick and works hard for the team.

What basic skill do you think he's lacking to play in our team? Imo he has a good first touch, he's a very good dribbler, decent finisher, good passer and combined with those he's very clever and as you said is quick and works hard for the team.

I think his first touch is not good enough compared to the rest of the team. I don't think he can dribble very well. His over all finishing is pretty woeful and before you say he's the top scorer, most of his goals are tap ins. fair play to him though he has scored a couple of good ones, which surprised me. Attacks often break down because he doesn't have the class to deliver the killer ball, that KDB, DS or Sane can.

I still feel that in one on ones with the opposition keeper, the keeper is favourite. He’s at his best with no time to think. As soon as he has time he’s more l8kely to bottle it imo

He needs to learn to beat the keeper, the key to forward play is to know when to speed up the game and slow it down so as to play awkward for the opposition. Raheem needs to improve his composure and become more of a killer /finisher. He s a great player and in time will be better with hard work. The way we play him he ought to be more clinical and learn to drive the ball past the keeper at close range, if he reviews todays game he should see where he made poor choices. He really could have had 5 goals today....he played well but i m sure he know where he needs to improve. He put in a great shift today!

I think his first touch is not good enough compared to the rest of the team. I don't think he can dribble very well. His over all finishing is pretty woeful and before you say he's the top scorer, most of his goals are tap ins. fair play to him though he has scored a couple of good ones, which surprised me. Attacks often break down because he doesn't have the class to deliver the killer ball, that KDB, DS or Sane can.
Are you for real? Just about everything in that post is utter nonsense

Couldn't disagree more, Pep himself actually highlighted that he rarely gives the ball away where he can't afford to earlier this season. Simply put he's actually one of our most valuable players in retaining possession which is key to the system we play(so to say he's not suited to this team is complete tosh sorry), his passing and dribbling stats must be up there with anyone:

Pep: “I like the most how clear he is becoming like a football player. He knows when he has to dribble and when he has to pass. Before, he was only dribbling and that was a mistake.”

Also an article from earlier this month should clear up how misguided you are in your opinions of Sterling:
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...w-a-regular-goalscorer-but-how-has-he-done-it
Sterling, in particular, is revelling in this. He has had 159 touches in the opposition box so far this Premier League season - more than any other player. Guardiola knows that with his trickery in tight areas, getting Sterling on the ball in those situations will lead to goals.

He might not be the player with the most completed dribbles - Eden Hazard has 82 of them to Sterling's 38. But what matters is where on the pitch that Sterling is doing his dribbling. Note that it is he, not Hazard, who has completed more of them inside the opposition box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.