Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interested in a poll as to whether people would play him at Anfield.

Could be coincidence but he hasn’t performed well against them yet and it seems as though he lets the crowd get to him unfortunately

For my money we play Bernardo, he offers us less penetration and less in terms of the press but better control and an ability to retain possession with the right pass which is so important in away legs in europe

Wouldn't drop him for Bernardo but wonder if Jesus might play over him? Pace down the sides is key to beating Liverpool so I don't think Bernardo is the answer.

Eventually though he has to get over Anfield, as do we as a club, so I'd have no problems with him playing.

I would want him to play at some stage at klanfield. Whether he starts is up to Pep. I have a feeling he wont but will have the opportunity to come on and make a bigger impact late on against tired legs

It would be the icing on the cake for him to bag an away goal against the bitter twisted idiots that boo him constantly.

Lets see if they boo salah when he returns at some point playing for a team that can actually provide trophies

Wouldn't drop him for Bernardo but wonder if Jesus might play over him? Pace down the sides is key to beating Liverpool so I don't think Bernardo is the answer.

Eventually though he has to get over Anfield, as do we as a club, so I'd have no problems with him playing.

I’d play Jesus up top instead of Sergio. I think in this situation I’d prefer ball retention and passing them to death rather than pace down the sides and a you attack then we attack nba style game.

Agree that Raz at some point needs to get over it but let’s leave that for a less important visit !

I would want him to play at some stage at klanfield. Whether he starts is up to Pep. I have a feeling he wont but will have the opportunity to come on and make a bigger impact late on against tired legs

It would be the icing on the cake for him to bag an away goal against the bitter twisted idiots that boo him constantly.

Lets see if they boo salah when he returns at some point playing for a team that can actually provide trophies

Totally agree. Bring him on as a sub hopefully with us in the lead and them chasing the game so he can exploit the wide open spaces their shaky defence leaves.

Would be interested in a poll as to whether people would play him at Anfield.

Could be coincidence but he hasn’t performed well against them yet and it seems as though he lets the crowd get to him unfortunately

For my money we play Bernardo, he offers us less penetration and less in terms of the press but better control and an ability to retain possession with the right pass which is so important in away legs in europe
Absolutely! He is funking mint!

He played bad whenever he faced Liverpool, so let him be on the stand we can't take risk in the CL.

Depends what plan Pep has in store. Klopp is very one dimensional in that it is attack or either attack and get beat. He very rarely has good in-game management changing the tactics if nothing is working.

We just need to be switched on and i am sure after the 2 mistakes we made last time at anfield we wont be making them again.

We will either go for the width and pace and stretch them out wide with both sane or sterling starting, or Pep may start Bernado to offer more creativity and Bernado has being stepping up his quality the last few weeks.

Berndo starts and I reckon Sterling can make a massive impact coming on as a sub to stretch the game late on with liverpool looking to try and get a goal. Liverpool fail to score an early goal then that is when they start to worry and their home support starts to show major signs of nervousness

That will allow us to counter at break-neck speed with sane, sterling, dave and having kev pull the strings

Depends what plan Pep has in store. Klopp is very one dimensional in that it is attack or either attack and get beat. He very rarely has good in-game management changing the tactics if nothing is working.

We just need to be switched on and i am sure after the 2 mistakes we made last time at anfield we wont be making them again.

We will either go for the width and pace and stretch them out wide with both sane or sterling starting, or Pep may start Bernado to offer more creativity and Bernado has being stepping up his quality the last few weeks.

Berndo starts and I reckon Sterling can make a massive impact coming on as a sub to stretch the game late on with liverpool looking to try and get a goal. Liverpool fail to score an early goal then that is when they start to worry and their home support starts to show major signs of nervousness

That will allow us to counter at break-neck speed with sane, sterling, dave and having kev pull the strings

I agree Sterling can be that impact sub we may need. After Bernardo troubles Robertson all game and we can bring on Sterling to run at his tired legs.

Sterling has not played well at Anfield but to call him mentally weak is mad. His form this season and last has shown his mental strength.

Still only 24yo, not suprised it affects him. Why start him if there’s no need to, especially with Bernardo in great form. A sub appearance and possibly a goal could be a huge confidence boost for future visits.

I agree Sterling can be that impact sub we may need. After Bernardo troubles Robertson all game and we can bring on Sterling to run at his tired legs.

Sterling has not played well at Anfield but to call him mentally weak is mad. His form this season and last has shown his mental strength.

Still only 24yo, not suprised it affects him. Why start him if there’s no need to, especially with Bernardo in great form. A sub appearance and possibly a goal could be a huge confidence boost for future visits.

He's turning 24 in December! The guy is still so young and already performing at such a high level

He's turning 24 in December! The guy is still so young and already performing at such a high level
I don't think 24 is young. But yes he is performing at a high level.

24 is around the age the best begin theit assualt on 'best X ever" argument. So Raheem is exactly where he should be. Scoring 20 goals from the wing and beginning his assault on the "best English winger ever" argument...

Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.