Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt he went missing a few times in the big games since his move, but thought he was excellent today. Always looking for the ball and rarely gave it away. A more potent threat than Sane today I thought.

Thought Sterling was more dangerous too. I do believe the counter attack just before half time though would have yielded a goal if it were Sané not Sterling putting in the cross.
Sterling was excellent though. He's so good when he Dave's a player up, he can go either way incredibly quickly. His movement and understanding of play is largely exceptional. How Alonso wasn't booked for the dictionary definition of a yellow I've no idea.

Thought Sterling was more dangerous too. I do believe the counter attack just before half time though would have yielded a goal if it were Sané not Sterling putting in the cross.
Sterling was excellent though. He's so good when he Dave's a player up, he can go either way incredibly quickly. His movement and understanding of play is largely exceptional. How Alonso wasn't booked for the dictionary definition of a yellow I've no idea.

Yes, that was a ridiculous decision not to book Alonso.

When you see the replay from the other side, there is only about half a legs gap between the ball & the Chelsea defenders toe as it passes him. I'm not sure the ball would have actually got past them if he'd delivered it half a step earlier, so while running at pace, there's not much margin for error. If he hits it softer, the defender gets it.

I think it needed Silva to anticipate it & accelerate as it was kicked & make it into the right pass, but unfortunately, striking instinct is his one weakness.

In the old days he'd just chip it to the far post for Niall Quinn to head it in, apart from he'd still be at the halfway line trying to catch up ;)

When you see the replay from the other side, there is only about half a legs gap between the ball & the Chelsea defenders toe as it passes him. I'm not sure the ball would have actually got past them if he'd delivered it half a step earlier, so while running at pace, there's not much margin for error. If he hits it softer, the defender gets it.

I think it needed Silva to anticipate it & accelerate as it was kicked & make it into the right pass, but unfortunately, striking instinct is his one weakness.

In the old days he'd just chip it to the far post for Niall Quinn to head it in, apart from he'd still be at the halfway line trying to catch up ;)

I'm not saying it was a bad ball. I think the height made it difficult to attack. My only complaint would be it should have been on the floor. But it certainly wasn't a bad cross.
He's incredibly dangerous and as you say, he's matured his game a lot in 18 months. He continues to improve the things he's not so good at and his stregnths are improving naturally.

Thought he did a tremendous amount of work in defence on the right hand side as well.

As others have said you can see his all round game maturing and developing. I think he's still got further room to improve, but even now he is a tremendous threat to opposition defences.

He's improved so much under Pep it's crazy. The lofted cross to Jesus when Rudiger headed it off the line was a perfect ball

Who do we compare him to in Peps BM side. Ribery? Robben?
Career Stats for them is like 1 goal in 3.5 games ( 10 - 11 goals a season). That is improved to 1 in 2 for Robben at BM and 1 in 3 for Ribery.
Raheem is 1 in 5 career goals and 1 in 3.5 for City. This is looking better again this season. His return has improved since leaving Liverpool and needs to improve further to become world class. Loving his development so far.

Who do we compare him to in Peps BM side. Ribery? Robben?
Career Stats for them is like 1 goal in 3.5 games ( 10 - 11 goals a season). That is improved to 1 in 2 for Robben at BM and 1 in 3 for Ribery.
Raheem is 1 in 5 career goals and 1 in 3.5 for City. This is looking better again this season. His return has improved since leaving Liverpool and needs to improve further to become world class. Loving his development so far.
You'd probably compare him to Coman or Costa

I'm openly not a fan of his and don't care what his stats say as performances outweigh numbers for me.

Saturday he was excellent and everything I have wanted from him. Performing in a big game, looking comfortable and exciting on the break. Stuck to his job fantastically with some good defensive work too. Keep it up Raz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.