Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
People die every day, should be not leave the house. A quick Google search found 17 deaths in 6 years - boys will be boys and all that

25mil is completely unrealistic and citing one dribble 12months ago is bordering on ridiculous
He's the best young English player by a mile. Barring a fatal dose of laughing gas, he will either be here for 10yrs or sold for similar or more money. We can't lose on this one

this.

Raheem Sterling takes private jet back to England as Manchester City consider one last bid for £50m Liverpool youngster
  • Raheem Sterling has flown back to England with his future still undecided
  • Liverpool star boarded a private jet from party island Ibiza on Saturday
  • Manchester City are considering upping their £40m bid for the youngster
  • The 20-year-old has been enjoying a short break after end of the season
By Oliver Todd for MailOnline

Published: 10:13 GMT, 21 June 2015 | Updated: 10:41 GMT, 21 June 2015

In-demand Liverpool star Raheem Sterling has returned to England from his holiday in Ibiza as speculation over his future continues to rumble on.

The 20-year-old has been spending some of his summer break on the party island but boarded a private jet home on Saturday with Manchester City thought to be preparing a £50million bid.

The Barclays Premier League runners-up had a £40m offer rejected by Liverpool earlier this week and are now weighing up whether there would be value in increasing that and making Sterling the most expensive English player of all time.

The England international appeared to enjoy his time away this week despite his latest 'laughing gas' controversy and the ongoing speculation about his future.

While Sterling prepared to head home, his huge valuation was being criticised by former England international Ferdinand on Twitter.

The ex-Leeds United defender posted: 'English players are soooo overpriced right now it's a joke! (Harry) Kane & sterling have huge potential but 40m & 50m...(Sergio) aguero 38m & (Alexis) sanchez 32m!!!'

Thanks Megablue! As Sterling is reported to have cut short his holiday to return to England.....I'd guess that higher (45-50mil) offer has already gone in and been accepted? No reason to cut short his holiday unless this was close to a done deal?.....lets hope so, then we can move on to Pogba!;)

It's simple. I don't rate him so how could I justify spending £50m on him.

But in one of your earlier posts you specifically mentioned that "it is our money", meaning as a S/card holder. That's why I suggested you should give up your S/card if the transfer really is that objectionable to you.

People die every day, should be not leave the house. A quick Google search found 17 deaths in 6 years - boys will be boys and all that

25mil is completely unrealistic and citing one dribble 12months ago is bordering on ridiculous
He's the best young English player by a mile. Barring a fatal dose of laughing gas, he will either be here for 10yrs or sold for similar or more money. We can't lose on this one

I hope you are right. City selling a player for more than we bought him for is a rarity its self.

Think it was laughing gas he was meant to be inhaling can't be spotted by the dope testing and generally fairly innocuous unless you do it long term or virtually drown yourself in the stuff.

Maybe he just likes sounding like Donald Duck.

All this worrying and arguing over how much we should spend on Sterling is utterly stupid.

Firstly, it's not your money it's the club's so all this "I wouldn't pay more than x amount" can get in the bin where it belongs; you'll be paying the exact total of fuck all so what's it matter.

Are people worried that their mates will say hurtful things if the club spend £40/50m on him? Awww bless. How will you ever show your face down the pub again?

The club will spend not only what they are fiscally able to but what they are happy too. We're not a club to spend outside our means, one because that would take some doing nowadays but because every thing the club do is planned to the finest detail these days.

For me, Sterling will be a City player this summer; not earth shattering but what I mean is I take it as a give in. Yes I want it done as soon as possible but only because I'm excited about the idea of what he will bring to the team. I firmly believe ever since that first bid this has all been planned out from both sides.

Liverpool come out looking as though they've gotten the best deal possible for them instead of beinf held to ransom by the player and agent. We get the player we wanted, one of the best young players in the league who will slot immediately into our first team, for a fee we were always happy to pay otherwise we wouldn't.

I don't care what the club pay for Sterling because a) it's not my money and b) the club won't pay if it it hinders us or they simply don't want to.

Bravo!

I hope you are right. City selling a player for more than we bought him for is a rarity its self.

I'd say that's the same for most teams at the top as they tend not to sell their best players
He will pay for himself, either through winning trophies or selling him on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.