Rate this season

im just gonna try and cling to the positives, stuffing united in august, demolishing bournemouth at home in sept, stuffing WBA in October, smashing 3 past Barca in November, beating the Arse in December, murdering west ham in the cup in january, beating monaco in Feb, cruising past the mighty huddersfield in march, and convincingly beating the Saints side this month.

not every game has been total shite you know ;-)

Every cloud ;-)

Meh only highlight of the season is Gabriel Jesus' performances..Second season in a row we're barely limping over the line with a 'different' manager..Another season i can't wait to end quickly enough.If most people starting from Txixi and Pep down to the players did their jobs well enough,bad officiating wouldn't be a viable excuse..Can't say 'we were unlucky' all season,you have to make your own luck at times.Last enjoyable performance was vs West Ham in February..Monaco(H) to a stretch but in the end it counted for nothing.
We are so lacklustre off and on the ball currently that it's actually laughable.

Par for me - expected top 3 at best and maybe a cup.

Always thought this year was going to be tough.

Generally we've competed better against the top 6 this year than last year, except for spuds away.
Always had chances to win those matches we lost or drew, dodgy officiating and poor finishing have been our downfall.
Keeper situation hasn't helped but considering we've had - a new coach, new style of play, new (poor) keeper, no vinny, no gundogan, a few legends falling off a cliff in form, gj getting injured after much promise - I think we've done alright.

Am I happy? of course not
Do I feel optimism for next year? yes

im just gonna try and cling to the positives, stuffing united in august, demolishing bournemouth at home in sept, stuffing WBA in October, smashing 3 past Barca in November, beating the Arse in December, murdering west ham in the cup in january, beating monaco in Feb, cruising past the mighty huddersfield in march, and convincingly beating the Saints side this month.

not every game has been total shite you know ;-)

Every cloud ;-)

You're right and some of the football played along the way has been fantastic.

In the interests of fair play, I'm going to let the season finish before I pass final judgement, but it's obviously been disappointing so far.

Awful season. No point in remembering the days when we were shit and being greatful for small mercies. It is different now - we have spent the most - have the highest expectations- and have been let down. Apart from arsing about at the back we are playing too often at the same tempo as last season. We have better players but have clearly underperformed and I think we have a manager who spends too much time asking the mirror who is the most beautiful of them all. He gets rid of Hart for a clown - he spends half the year having a go at Aguero and insists on playing substandard players out of position whilst - despite surely knowing all about us before joining, makes no effort to fix the biggest issue - re defence - instead tries to impose a system on players who can not do it. Piss poor management made worse by Pep worshippers reminding us how he won all those things at Barcelona and Munich, 2 teams that struggled so much before him and have now sunk back to mid table irrelevance...??

I'm unhappy borderline apathetic but will give Pep the benefit of the doubt to get it right next season.

Imagine he'd gone to Old Trafford this season. We'd be laughing at how badly they were doing had their results matched ours.

Start of the season my expectations were about 85 points whether that would win it was anyones guess, c/ l last 8, maybe win a cup.
Think well get about 78 points so knock a couple off for that knock one off for c/ l. Cup is always a lottery so semi final is ok. Makes it a 7 /10 for me.

No question the season has been disappointing hard to mark it out of 10, if we end up top 4 then I would give it 6/10.

I never for one minute subscribed to the totally giddy out pouring of nonsense prior to and for some time after Peps appointment. It was never going to be a magical transition to an all powerful unstoppable force that would sweep all domestically and in Europe. The premier league is a very different proposition from La Liga or the Bundesliga and more so when managing a club that is not habitually the best in the country, nor one who almost takes for granted reaching the latter stages of the Champions League.

There have been several reasons this season has turned out to be unsatisfactory.

Other threads have covered in depth the influence officials have had on us this season. We can safely say that even were poor decisions responsible for what would be a "normal" amount for a season we would at worst be 6 points better off. Even that would leave us still in with a shout of still winning the title. Consider if three of those six points were in the Cheslea match at home. We have gone out of the FA Cup and its fair to say the officials can take a decent proportion of the blame for that. The league cup cannot really be blamed on officials though yes they were not helpful. Champions League we really cannot blame officials for going out of that one.

We have not had the best season with injuries, Aguero too frequently, Jesus, Gundogan and of course Kompany, but apart from Chelsea and Spurs (though they have lost Kane for a couple of spells) all the other top clubs have had a good amount of injuries, certainly the rags.

Pep has to take some blame, he is entitled to some time to get to grips with the job, and if we get top four under the circumstances I think he will have actually done quite well. He needed a season to see exactly what he has got in his squad. He Knows now and must act in the summer. I do however hold him responsible for allowing the defensive debacle to continue unabated and compounding it by steadfastly refusing to understand that we need a good goalkeeper, one who first and foremost can make the sort of save that Peter Cech made from Yaya yesterday. Much has been said about yesterday and why we lost...not many have mentioned the fact that Arsenal had a top draw world class goalkeeper....as do the rags, Chelsea, Spurs and the rags.

I still maintain that Pep dropped a king size bollock when virtually conceeding the League Cup match at the swamp, it was a turning point and no amount of wailing about how we went on to stuff Barca because of the rested players can give their heads a wobble. Its bollocks. In any case given that both Paris and Juventus have given Barca a good hiding at home puts into perspective our victory in the group stages.

I cannot be too critical of the players I think they have given it their all by and large. We have young players who need to be given match time and they will improve, the officiating as well as getting used a new manager and in some cases being at a new club in a new country will have made it challenging to say the least.

All in all things havent gone for us this season and as a result it has turned out pretty unsatisfactory. I do not think Pep will claim to have got things right in many respects but I have every confidence he will learn and will find himself adapting to the different challenge of the Premier League. Next season hopefully will be better and at the very least we should expect to be challenging for the title and maybe win something even if a domestic cup. However that can only happen if something is actually done about the officiating of our games, if its the same again there really is little that Pep, or the players can do about it.

High expectations now, so it must go down as a disappointing season but if we grab 3rd place it could make 7/10. For me Pep's refusal to play any other way than his way, has been very costly. Many players currently at the club, are not suited to it, so he should have adapted it more to suit them.

I honestly thought we would win the league this year, so I am a little disappointed, should of won the cup still can't believe arsenal beat us, out of 10 it's a 6 from me, as always now looking forward to next season, but I have to say if the rags finish above us then it's a 4/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.