Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I think the game plan was good and players were really focused, but I also think a lot of our players had really poor performances. Bernardo and Gundogan misplaced easy passes all night long, slowed us down when we had a break, were too quick when we had to be slow. Awful performance. Grealish was also poor. Bad controls, some bad passing. Even Stones I think was really poor with some of his controls. So KDB and Haaland didn't have too many chances.

Anyway, as a fan what you can ask is for the players to be focused and give it all, and they all did.

Grealish and Bernardo didn’t offer enough. Gundogan making poor decisions.

I’m not really going to say the overall performance was bad just sloppy at times.

To all the moaners in here. We just played away in an 80 degree cauldron and a hostile crowd against the current champions of Europe, and most decorated team in Europe.
Our boys run themselves into the ground being kicked to death in the process. We battled for every ball against a really strong team.
A draw away to Bayern and a draw away to Real sums up the courage and determination of our team.
Be proud of our boys and stop complaining. We are the luckiest supporters in the world. Embrace it and our team.

I don't know how to feel about that... Yes, we got a draw but it was a pretty poor showing.

The fact that Pep didn't make a single sub is so bizarre that dare I say it borders cowardice.
As mere fans we get obsessed with substitutions as it’s the only way our non football minds can think of how to change a game.
I’ll help you how to think about it. We went into the den of the champions took a blow and came out with a share of the spoils. we go as favourites at home next week.
Come on City.

From the BBC....

What are the odds for success?​

FT: Real Madrid 1-1 Man City
Based on City's previous European two-legged knockout ties, starting with a 1-1 away draw in the first leg saw them progress to the next round on both occasions.
Based on all Real Madrid's previous European two-legged knockout ties, starting with a 1-1 home draw in the first leg saw them being eliminated in five of the previous six occasions.

really happy with the result, a bit concerned that we weren’t creating enough clear cut open play chances and relied on that de bruyne strike to get us back in the game but players will be getting fatigued about now. all to play for at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.