Redirects from thread links

These types of ads are infuriating, so I can only apologise. Seems to only be affecting Android users, because it's not happening on my iPhone.

Obviously neither I or the advertising company authorise these ads, but they're still prevalent on the web. Sometimes code is altered after approval, or sometimes they slip through the net:

http://readwrite.com/2014/05/15/app-redirects-mobile-spam-ads/

The only way we can really stop them when they happen is to get screengrabs and links to the ads so that we can get them removed from the network. Very frustrating, but any such help appreciated.

These types of ads are infuriating, so I can only apologise. Seems to only be affecting Android users, because it's not happening on my iPhone.

Obviously neither I or the advertising company authorise these ads, but they're still prevalent on the web. Sometimes code is altered after approval, or sometimes they slip through the net:

http://readwrite.com/2014/05/15/app-redirects-mobile-spam-ads/

The only way we can really stop them when they happen is to get screengrabs and links to the ads so that we can get them removed from the network. Very frustrating, but any such help appreciated.

Cheers Ric, I bet it's just as frustrating for you as it is for us. I wouldn't know how to do a screen grab for my phone, I've only just worked out how to do one on the desktop.

It was happening on my work PC (Win7 & Chrome) last weekend for sure.

I think we've got two different issues going on. I think the one you originally flagged should (hopefully) be resolved now.

The newer issue seems to be a redirect for Android users to an Uber app in the Google Store.

This site can’t be reached
The web page at market://details?id=com.ubercab&referrer=mat_click_id%3D806bf0c5dce0d9dbfab8053655e2804d-20161018-7336%26utm_campaign%3DUber%2B%2528Android%2529%2B%2528Default%2529%26utm_content%3DPM_16272_UKI-ATL-RD-en-UK_In_a_rush_A_300x250%26utm_medium%3Dallfreesewing.com%252F%26utm_source%3DKoneo%2BMobile%2BInc.%26utm_term%3DInternalmight be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

This site can’t be reached
The web page at market://details?id=com.ubercab&referrer=mat_click_id%3D806bf0c5dce0d9dbfab8053655e2804d-20161018-7336%26utm_campaign%3DUber%2B%2528Android%2529%2B%2528Default%2529%26utm_content%3DPM_16272_UKI-ATL-RD-en-UK_In_a_rush_A_300x250%26utm_medium%3Dallfreesewing.com%252F%26utm_source%3DKoneo%2BMobile%2BInc.%26utm_term%3DInternalmight be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Will forward it to the ad agency.

I'm running Firefox in Ubuntu and it's happening, will try and get a screen shot next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.