Redirects from thread links

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by ColinLee, 15 Oct 2016.

1. Kris_Musampa

Kris_Musampa

Am getting the same as most others, that is the Uber App download from Google Play, the "G9i" re-direction, and "site can't be reached" page...

Will get screenshots if it helps, but I suspect they will be what you already have

Cheers for any help you can give Ric, most of my Bluemoon browsing is thru my phone...

2. Ric

Ric

Thanks mate. These ads are the bane of my life. The sooner the industry can put a stop to them the better:

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/...r-phone-and-redirect-you-to-the-app-store.php

For the time being, all we can do is report them to try and get them removed from the network.

3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

This site can’t be reached
    The web page at market://details?id=com.ubercab&referrer=mat_click_id%3De589955e1a26650245eba7d9c104461f-20161031-7336%26utm_campaign%3DDisplay-Koneo-Fetch_184_-99_UK-uk-national_R_And_ACQ_CPI_en-UK_Ongoing%26utm_content%3DPM-16299-R-MD-Map_App-Card_Map-Ad-Full-Map_320x50%26utm_medium%3Dculinaryhill.com%252F%26utm_source%3DKoneo%2BMobile%2BInc.%26utm_term%3DInternal might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Same as last week I think

5. Ric

Ric

They've said this should be fixed now (fingers crossed).

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

It isn't unfortunately.

7. bluemc

bluemc

It's definitely not, been trying to read the post match Barca thread and it's simply not viewable because of the pop-up Uber/Play Store ads. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s7.

8. citytill1die84

citytill1die84

"I Swear you'll never see anything like this ever
    Ah no way have people had this same error. I fucking hard reset my Galaxy 7 because I read on forums it was a virus.

:(

9. Mayor West

Mayor West

Definitely not fixed. been happening to me for weeks, finally wondered if it was happening to anyone else! same screen as FI.

10. ColinLee

ColinLee

Strange, I usually use a PC for browsing but decided to try my Android phone last night and today and couldn't repeat this at all. Can't say I like the cosumo (sp?) ads mind, enticing me to click on this link to earn thousands instantly.