Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Chelsea play like that next week they'll be down to ten men and they'd if given one to two pens away
As soon as I saw it was Madley and the pathetic, never makes a call Brookes on Var I knew that we would be fucked over. Perfect appointments by PGMOL as the Madley family hates us and Brookes would never overturn a refs incorrect decision.

Look at Chelsea at Anfield recently, blatant penalty not given to them and they got 4 cards in the first half alone. Then you see the Dippers yesterday getting away with another blatant penalty, Arsenal getting one for a clear dive then our game.

It’s corrupt, nothing but pure corruption. PGMOL/VAR has got worse since Webb took over (Red top teams looked after more than ever).
We won’t win the PL this season, we won’t be allowed to, PL certainly do not want us winning 4 in a row and it shows.

But as another poster stated, if we were not as pathetic in our finishing, 8 on target from 51 attempts n our last 2 home games) we would take out the corrupt officiating but that’s why our achievements beat all others, as Pep says, we do it ourselves (knowing we do it despite the corruption).

It’s the Dippers year, Spurs aside with that 1 wrong offside call they have had everything given to them by the powers to be this season. Even the recent game v Rags, Rags got earky cards against them, when the fuck does that ever happen with the Rags and what summed it up was Oliver not giving Nunez a blatant 2nd yellow for Dissent but had no issues giving Dalot one in the same game.

This season we will fall just short, no matter how well we play at Anfield there will be the usual fucked over decision against us, as there always is there and we are playing against 13 most weeks where the Dippers are playing 13 v 11. Madley after his corrupt performance yesterday is now the ref for Dippers v Luton. Watch the difference in his officiating in that one. Add to that they have Hooper on Var who will be too afraid to give anything against the Dippers and get demoted yet again ( note his only major fuck up where no demotion took place was our game v Spurs, funny that heh).

But refs aside, as bad as our defending has been this year it’s our attacking play that’s let us down. Just no where near clinical enough resulting in dropped points v Spurs, Dippers, Palace, yesterday and others. But you know a red top team would have won that exact same match yesterday as guaranteed to have had 1 penalty and playing against 10.

As soon as I saw it was Madley and the pathetic, never makes a call Brookes on Var I knew that we would be fucked over. Perfect appointments by PGMOL as the Madley family hates us and Brookes would never overturn a refs incorrect decision.

Look at Chelsea at Anfield recently, blatant penalty not given to them and they got 4 cards in the first half alone. Then you see the Dippers yesterday getting away with another blatant penalty, Arsenal getting one for a clear dive then our game.

It’s corrupt, nothing but pure corruption. PGMOL/VAR has got worse since Webb took over (Red top teams looked after more than ever).
We won’t win the PL this season, we won’t be allowed to, PL certainly do not want us winning 4 in a row and it shows.

But as another poster stated, if we were not as pathetic in our finishing, 8 on target from 51 attempts n our last 2 home games) we would take out the corrupt officiating but that’s why our achievements beat all others, as Pep says, we do it ourselves (knowing we do it despite the corruption).

It’s the Dippers year, Spurs aside with that 1 wrong offside call they have had everything given to them by the powers to be this season. Even the recent game v Rags, Rags got earky cards against them, when the fuck does that ever happen with the Rags and what summed it up was Oliver not giving Nunez a blatant 2nd yellow for Dissent but had no issues giving Dalot one in the same game.

This season we will fall just short, no matter how well we play at Anfield there will be the usual fucked over decision against us, as there always is there and we are playing against 13 most weeks where the Dippers are playing 13 v 11. Madley after his corrupt performance yesterday is now the ref for Dippers v Luton. Watch the difference in his officiating in that one. Add to that they have Hooper on Var who will be too afraid to give anything against the Dippers and get demoted yet again ( note his only major fuck up where no demotion took place was our game v Spurs, funny that heh).

But refs aside, as bad as our defending has been this year it’s our attacking play that’s let us down. Just no where near clinical enough resulting in dropped points v Spurs, Dippers, Palace, yesterday and others. But you know a red top team would have won that exact same match yesterday as guaranteed to have had 1 penalty and playing against 10.

Pep always says we have to be better we get no favours! On another day Haaland would have scored 2 of his 4/5 chances and we win the game comfortably. We win Tuesday we start another run of winning league games

For all i think there is favouritism to certain teams, i cant get my head round that its actually bent. That someone above is directing this, or that brown envelopes are handed out. I cant buy that, my brain wont allow to think that it goes on without it coming out.

I think in the most part , prem refs are weak willed and useless. They shit out giving decisions for/against certain clubs because they are pussies and are scared of the reaction.
Which is a form of corruption.

Do it enough times and do it consistently to favor certain teams/hinder certain teams and you're given bigger games to ref. Probably be able to get yourself an FA cup final gig too. No need for envelopes, career progression is enough.

Just look at BBCSport in Salford and what they churn out.
The atmosphere and work culture appears to be "suck up to the rags, take the piss out of us", you fit in and play along or you're out. If there's a similar-ish culture in refereeing circles then there's no need to direct it from above either, fit in or ship out.

For all i think there is favouritism to certain teams, i cant get my head round that its actually bent. That someone above is directing this, or that brown envelopes are handed out. I cant buy that, my brain wont allow to think that it goes on without it coming out.

I think in the most part , prem refs are weak willed and useless. They shit out giving decisions for/against certain clubs because they are pussies and are scared of the reaction.

We cant get our head around it because deep down the sport we love is actually bent. We say it but dont want to believe it.
Why would we spend 1000's of pounds and loads of our time and emotions following a bent sport.

The football authorities know it's hard for real fans to walk away so they get away with it.

Like many I love City but hate football !

It’s pretty obvious that all teams are reffed to a different set of laws in each and every game but it doesn’t help when refs refuse to follow those laws equally and players and constantly cheating. Their keeper gets booked yesterday but the ref must have warned him three or four times. Why not warn once and then book or even better remind keepers before the game that they will be booked for time wasting as soon as they start to do so. Free kicks taken from the wrong place is another big bear of mine. Yesterday Haaland was adjudged to have fouled someone about a yard from the by line near the corner flag. Keeper took the free kick probably ten yards further forward and ten yards further infield. Nothing said. We tried to take a free kick probably two yards further forward and suddenly ref starts being all pedantic. Same with throw ins and all the stealing of yards. Ultimately though refs are happy not to give us decisions because as a club we rarely keep up a fuss and more importantly the media don’t go on and on about it for weeks. Look how scum were reffed under GPC and still are to a certain extent. Same with dippers and arse. They constantly whinge and moan about every perceived injustice and then the media continue to act on their behalf. Most blatant penalty yesterday was the rugby tackle on Haaland from a corner. If Steve Borthwick was watching he would have the defender in his next squad. Walker one has been given for many seasons but suddenly it’s not. Seem to recall the likes of Mane, Vardy, Kane etc all being lauded for putting their leg in front of a player despite not attempting to play the ball and winning penalties. Fernandes at Villa actually went over the top of the defender and still won a penalty which wasn’t overturned. Handball at the end would have harsh but no more so than dozens awarded in the past few seasons. If anything it should have been a penalty for the guy trying to rip the shirt off Ruben’s back. As for the nonsense with the non bookings it’s every game now so should be expected. And of course Bernardo being booked for something no worse than half a dozen other challenges which went unpunished. And since when was a ball played out wide to someone doubled marked an advantage over a free kick pretty central. But nothing will change as we won’t say anything and as Pep says we do it all ourselves without any help. It’s getting worse though and won’t get any better. Dreading the next few games because of it.

After a performance like that yday & the first thing you think is City get looked after..

You’d think maybe say nothing today, but then like them, here you are ;)
I didn’t say that though, did I?

Not howling corruption is not the same as thinking a referee had a good game.

Haaland missed loads of chances yesterday. He must be corrupt.

I didn’t say that though, did I?

Not howling corruption is not the same as thinking a referee had a good game.

Haaland missed loads of chances yesterday. He must be corrupt.
Andrew Madley NEVER has a good game. No matter who is officiating, he makes mistake after mistake, bottles any decisions, and loses control of the game, andALWAYS gets in the way of play. Fucking cock wobble of a ref.

<Insert name of referee here> NEVER has a good game. No matter who is officiating, he makes mistake after mistake, bottles any decisions, and loses control of the game, andALWAYS gets in the way of play. Fucking cock wobble of a ref.
Make this a sticky at the top of every page of this thread and it would negate the need for 99% of the posts in this thread.

It’s a therapy thread for people needing to vent their spleen after every one of our matches; win, lose or draw.

It’s pretty obvious that all teams are reffed to a different set of laws in each and every game but it doesn’t help when refs refuse to follow those laws equally and players and constantly cheating. Their keeper gets booked yesterday but the ref must have warned him three or four times. Why not warn once and then book or even better remind keepers before the game that they will be booked for time wasting as soon as they start to do so. Free kicks taken from the wrong place is another big bear of mine. Yesterday Haaland was adjudged to have fouled someone about a yard from the by line near the corner flag. Keeper took the free kick probably ten yards further forward and ten yards further infield. Nothing said. We tried to take a free kick probably two yards further forward and suddenly ref starts being all pedantic. Same with throw ins and all the stealing of yards. Ultimately though refs are happy not to give us decisions because as a club we rarely keep up a fuss and more importantly the media don’t go on and on about it for weeks. Look how scum were reffed under GPC and still are to a certain extent. Same with dippers and arse. They constantly whinge and moan about every perceived injustice and then the media continue to act on their behalf. Most blatant penalty yesterday was the rugby tackle on Haaland from a corner. If Steve Borthwick was watching he would have the defender in his next squad. Walker one has been given for many seasons but suddenly it’s not. Seem to recall the likes of Mane, Vardy, Kane etc all being lauded for putting their leg in front of a player despite not attempting to play the ball and winning penalties. Fernandes at Villa actually went over the top of the defender and still won a penalty which wasn’t overturned. Handball at the end would have harsh but no more so than dozens awarded in the past few seasons. If anything it should have been a penalty for the guy trying to rip the shirt off Ruben’s back. As for the nonsense with the non bookings it’s every game now so should be expected. And of course Bernardo being booked for something no worse than half a dozen other challenges which went unpunished. And since when was a ball played out wide to someone doubled marked an advantage over a free kick pretty central. But nothing will change as we won’t say anything and as Pep says we do it all ourselves without any help. It’s getting worse though and won’t get any better. Dreading the next few games because of it.
Take any of our penalty appeals from yesterday and compare those to ANY of the penalties that Jota has won for the dippers over the last two seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.