Ref Watch

That doesn’t mean that he can’t go and check to see if there was a foul in the build up to a goal.
But he was instructed to do that, that is my problem with it, and the evidence gave him no choice but to over turn it, even at that point he could have said "goal because I've been letting that go all game", but it would have been even more heavily debated in the media.

The right result today would have been a draw, both teams played hard, and both had their merits, but VAR has determined the result imho.

But he was instructed to that, that is my problem with it, and the evidence gave him no choice but to over turn it, even at that point he could have said "goal because I've been letting that go all game", but it would have been even more heavily debated in the media.

The right result today would have been a draw, both teams played hard, and both had their merits, but VAR has determined the result imho.
Don’t hugely disagree. It was up to Taylor to decide whether he thought it was a foul when he saw it again. He thought it was.

Having contemplated it for a few hours, I can’t really class this as an awful or even a poor refereeing display. I think on balance he was fair to us. He gave the goal, it’s not his fault if some pedantic twat in the VAR truck was scouring the footage for a reason, any little reason, to disallow it.

I don’t know as it didn’t happen.

Conspiracy theorists would suggest that it definitely wouldn’t have been, but with little evidence apart from gut feel.

40 years of bad decisions at Anfield is the evidence that I’d use. Same as when there was 2 handballs within 30 seconds of them scoring years ago & no VAR.

It’s ok playing devils advocate. Pep isn’t one for excuses but he knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.