Ref Watch

The problem is that the game has evolved to that point....

For Salah see Grealish for instance....goes over at the slightest touch

Now compare Haaland to Aguero - would he have gone down - early Aguero certainly wouldnt have done. - he would have gone through on goal and got the shot at goal - that is what Haaland should be doing....

You can ONLY rely on yourself - never ever leave it up to others (ie the ref in this case) to decide the outcome.....our fans and players need to learn this.

We were given the pen on Wednesday - it was correctly ruled out by VAR as Haaland was offside...
Yes - the game has evolved to that point. That isn’t a problem, that’s the way it is, that’s the reality. We’re not going to turn the clock back by playing with some Corinthian spirit.

I imagine Haaland took the decision based on the contact - I’ve no problem with that. He’s making split second decisions which are the difference between winning and losing.

Listening to the radio commentary they thought it was a foul. The problem is that we don’t seem to get the rub of the green with decisions. That doesn’t change because Alty awarded a pen to us on Weds.

We can’t blame this ref for wasting all the chances and opportunities we created and didn’t finish.

The ref was poor. So was Forest. So was our finishing.

As for Haaland, I hope Pep tells him to stay on his feet when he can instead of falling over what was a very soft hand on his shoulder.

Not sure thats accurate. VAR admitted that the cameras didnt cover the entire pitch at Klanfield. This is a VAR Set up issue, not A TV companies issue/responsibility.
That's what I thought was strange, that I remember it being reported that the camera operator zoomed in too quickly and the television company accepted responsibility? I am just going by what I read someplace. It still seems strange though that there are certain blindspots. It seems quite common though depending on the ground or the colour of the shirt that certain things are " missed ".

If it wasn't a foul he should have been booked for diving. But compare and contrast to Dias on Salah and tell me we aren't refereed differently?

The referee had an undue influence on the game today (not the result; that's squarely in us for not being clinical enough). He emboldened Forest and put doubt in the minds of our players. How that remained 11 v 11 I'll never know. Forest could/should easily have had 2 sent off.
Didn't Cancelo get sent off for something similar to the drag back on Erling Haaland?

I am coming the conclusion that we are fighting a losing battle with this even with us at times being officiated different . At times the team doesn't help themselves by not taking their chances or not putting in the extra effort in winning the games . PiGMOL needs to be disbanded and starting up again but there is no chance of that ever happening.

Last edited:
Yes - the game has evolved to that point. That isn’t a problem, that’s the way it is, that’s the reality. We’re not going to turn the clock back by playing with some Corinthian spirit.

I imagine Haaland took the decision based on the contact - I’ve no problem with that. He’s making split second decisions which are the difference between winning and losing.

Listening to the radio commentary they thought it was a foul. The problem is that we don’t seem to get the rub of the green with decisions. That doesn’t change because Alty awarded a pen to us on Weds.
Firstly it was nothing like a foul

It was apoor decision and again its about taking control and responsibility for that situation.....if you choose to go down then its in the control of others and then there is an issue.

Rub of the green/bias refs, whatever - again dont give them the chance to - if Haaland goes through and scores instead of choosing to go down he makes the ref completely irrelevant

the freeze frame that was showed on the first replay for forests goal was different for the freeze frame that was used for vars interpretation at least two frames back the ball had not left the forests players foot on the first replay wood looked just offside on the var interpretation he was well onside

Firstly it was nothing like a foul

It was apoor decision and again its about taking control and responsibility for that situation.....if you choose to go down then its in the control of others and then there is an issue.

Rub of the green/bias refs, whatever - again dont give them the chance to - if Haaland goes through and scores instead of choosing to go down he makes the ref completely irrelevant
Ok. Decisions, all processed extremely quickly, some pay off, some don’t. Perhaps he thought he had a better chance of success by going down, perhaps he thought I’m being impeded, that impediment will reduce the probability of scoring. I recall Foden staying on his feet a lot in past matches, when the consensus was that he should’ve gone down and ‘won’ the penalty. I remember the reaction was that he’ll learn.

But ultimately I can see we have wildly different interpretations of what a foul is, so best to leave it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.