Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by york away to this!, 12 Aug 2017.

1. yeah whatever !!

yeah whatever !!

Gas engineer - used to be samharris
    This is true.
    TV reviews next year will sort a lot of it.

2. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    Never heard of them.

3. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

Fans will always accuse the ref of incompetence.
    *and bentness ... which is tiring

4. fatbloke

fatbloke

How do you explain the Clattenburg handball against Sterling vs Spurs at home a year or so back?

When cameras have proved he couldn't possible see it and also that it hit his back. Especially considering referees say they have to be 100% sure to make decisions.

That isn't a human mistake, it is corrupt beyond any doubt.

5. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Well stay out the thread then. FFS. No other sport has the standard of shit officiating all us football fans have to put up with.
    It's like controversy is caused on purpose, to sell the product and give know nowt twats something to harp on about.

6. karen7

karen7

You don't have to open this thread,simples

7. Chipmeister

Chipmeister

He guessed! he was recently in Perth and said some very disturbing stuff about his decision making in games and big games, and certainly made me question his integrity with the thought process he gave about making decisions, staggering his explanation and influence on games he had.

8. mccity

mccity

Michael Oliver's certainly got off to a debatable start.

9. Pablo1

Pablo1

Still wank. That goes for the appyammer as well.

10. Dethred

Dethred

Sr. Engineer
    Last year was a complete farce concerning ref bias and decisions (easily a dozen Stonewall penalties not given in our favor, and several non-penalties given against us). None of them were particularly well documented in one location/thread.

I figured it would be good to start one thread to track all of them this year, so at the end of the season a montage can be created. I will try to update this thread and include anything I miss that is mentioned by others.

Saturday's match went well for us, and it ended up being a fairly comfortable win, but two decisions stood out, so there is going to still be a problem I fear.

Brighton (A) 12/8/17:

Against:
    -Silva level, but ruled offside, and the whistle blew no earlier than Jesus tapping the ball into the goal.

-Dunk blatant handball, moving his right arm to block the ball a few yards inside the area. The player was several yards away from where the shot was taken. Decision waved away, but it's a clear penalty.

For:
    No match changing decisions went in our favor.