Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referees don't write down the names of red card recipients. Those players are off the pitch, so can't influence the game anymore, and aren't at risk of getting a second yellow card. They only detail yellow card offences, to make sure any second yellow is also a red card.

Which makes it even stranger, no? If he was always sending him off, he wouldn't of took the yellow card out in the first place never mind writing Delph's name on it. Corrupt as they come....

Since when have refs actually written offending players on the card? I thought they had a little incident book??

With Pep refusing to appeal Fabian's red card, Pep has given Anthony Taylor the green light to again send off 1 of our players for no reason what so ever. I am sorry pep but on this occasion I know that along with most of the other City fans an appeal should have gone in straight away. This on the grounds that once the yellow card was in his hands the ref can't then change his mind especially after he had already written his name on the card.

Pep can't appeal, it would make him look hypocritical after months of asking for protection for players. They have him over a barrel.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to do the statistics, especially those on 'tight games', truly illuminating and reassuring at the same time that I'm not the only one having my p**** boiled on a regular basis by bent officiating. Keep up the good work. Personally, like some others on this forum, I have now taken to having a small wager on such potentially tight games. When I heard simultaneously that Taylor and Pawson were to ref the Wigan and Arsenal games my heart sank. The next thing I did given these twats recent history was to have a £5 bet on Wigan at 20/1 and £30 on Arsenal at 9/2. Bet I obviously don't/didn't want to win but look on as insurance. A bit like travel insurance really, you don't want to call on it but at least if Pawson f**** us over again I will have covered the cost of my ticket, flight and accommodation for Sunday and have still only have 'reinvested' £30 of the ton I 'won' from the Wigan game. Hopefully, come Sunday night, I wont be wishing I'd had a 'double' on both results!

giphy.gif

It's a yellow at most.
Its a shit challenge however you look at it, and we'd have been screaming for a red if it was a wigan player on one of ours.

What is wrong about it all (red or yellow), is taylor changing his decision, however that happened, when he was clearly thinking it was a yellow.

I noticed this in many games this season. It can't be accidental as it happens too much. It really needs flagging up by someone in the media or the club or it will just continue . It's a very subtle and effective way of disrupting our play.

I think it may be ref training.
If I remember rightly, the idea is that the refs play 'on the diagonal', so they are always looking at an angle rather than straight up or across the pitch. As the linesman is on the right when attacking, the ref stations himself on the left, so he has as different a view as possible.

Its a shit challenge however you look at it, and we'd have been screaming for a red if it was a wigan player on one of ours.

What is wrong about it all (red or yellow), is taylor changing his decision, however that happened, when he was clearly thinking it was a yellow.

This is it.
You can disagree with the red, but it isn't totally unreasonable.
Halsey and others are right that what it's done is to encourage the view that Taylor changed his decision. If that came from another official, i'd expect him to point or say so, but I had the impression that he said almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.