Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2017...d-card-wrong-mark-halseys-ref-review-345/amp/

Manchester City vs Everton – Bobby Madley

Perhaps Madley is suffering from second/third season syndrome. Maybe he thinks he’s nailed it and he’s too relaxed or not focussed on what’s going on. I’ve refereed Man City vs Everton many times and it’s a tough, tough game to referee.

Kyle Walker’s first caution you can’t argue with but what’s he seen on the second one? On the camera angles shown on TV, I think Bobby has gone on player reaction and guessed, and you cannot do that. This is where this diving panel comes in, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has deceived the referee and exaggerated contact. It’s a slight coming together and Bobby’s got it absolutely wrong, yet Walker is now going to miss the next game.

Embed from Getty Images

They’ve deemed it not one for the panel to look at but for me they should be looking at that, overturning the caution and giving Calvert-Lewin a two-game suspension. That’s worse than diving, getting a fellow professional sent off where hardly any contact is made.

I can understand the Sergio Aguero incident with Morgan Schneiderlin, the pace of the game was quick and it may look a second caution in real time. He’s clearly played the ball but with the pace he’s gone in, I can understand why he’s produced the second caution, even though it’s wrong.

https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2017...d-card-wrong-mark-halseys-ref-review-345/amp/

Manchester City vs Everton – Bobby Madley

Perhaps Madley is suffering from second/third season syndrome. Maybe he thinks he’s nailed it and he’s too relaxed or not focussed on what’s going on. I’ve refereed Man City vs Everton many times and it’s a tough, tough game to referee.

Kyle Walker’s first caution you can’t argue with but what’s he seen on the second one? On the camera angles shown on TV, I think Bobby has gone on player reaction and guessed, and you cannot do that. This is where this diving panel comes in, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has deceived the referee and exaggerated contact. It’s a slight coming together and Bobby’s got it absolutely wrong, yet Walker is now going to miss the next game.

Embed from Getty Images

They’ve deemed it not one for the panel to look at but for me they should be looking at that, overturning the caution and giving Calvert-Lewin a two-game suspension. That’s worse than diving, getting a fellow professional sent off where hardly any contact is made.

I can understand the Sergio Aguero incident with Morgan Schneiderlin, the pace of the game was quick and it may look a second caution in real time. He’s clearly played the ball but with the pace he’s gone in, I can understand why he’s produced the second caution, even though it’s wrong.

Even this is wrong on the Schneiderlin 2nd yellow, he wins the ball but catches Aguero with his trailing leg. The FA have tried to clamp down on this kind of tackle. The furore after de Jong broke Ben Arfa's leg was exactly over this type of tackle.

How the fuck did Ake stay on, couldn't have been a clearer red card but as per fucking usual we're playing against 12 men.

Dean bottled the decision to send Ake off. Once again, performing for the cameras, making the game all about him. Last man brings down a player through on goal = red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.