Referees/Officials

He was shite today but helped us more than Leicester tbh. Only ref I've seen to apply that two touch rule, let Dinho away with a lot of fouling, gave the blatant penalty and I'm pretty sure the linesman is responsible for the Mahrez penalty being given. As for our first, he wasn't looking for a reason to disallow it, he was telling the Leicester players that Sterling had no effect on play imo and the goal should stand, a very dubious interpretation of the active rule in our favour.

I just think Madley is completely out of his depth at this level but alarm bells always ring when refs consistently give soft free-kicks to the opposition and ignore similar incidents in our favour. Plus he was absolutely doing his best to give Leicester every chance to score in injury time. I don't know how long he actually played but someone said it was over 9 minutes and they were still playing. Then late on we had the ball down in the corner with Sane and the ball clearly came off a Leicester defender for what should have been a corner to us but Madley, who was standing 2 yards away, gave a goal-kick. We all clearly saw it in 109/110.

I just think Madley is completely out of his depth at this level but alarm bells always ring when refs consistently give soft free-kicks to the opposition and ignore similar incidents in our favour. Plus he was absolutely doing his best to give Leicester every chance to score in injury time. I don't know how long he actually played but someone said it was over 9 minutes and they were still playing. Then late on we had the ball down in the corner with Sane and the ball clearly came off a Leicester defender for what should have been a corner to us but Madley, who was standing 2 yards away, gave a goal-kick. We all clearly saw it in 109/110.

He played just short of 10 mins mate and not only that non corner near the end, he also awarded them a corner that had clearly come off a leicester player as he went all out trying to get them the equaliser.

I thought Madley was really poor today, and seemed out of his depth. It's nonsense though to suggest that he was trying to influence the game against us. If that were the case, he could've easily allowed Mahrez's penalty to stand, even though it would've been the wrong decision.

The outcome of this game would be different if that were against a top 6 side. I have no doubt that Sterling would've been called for offside, Fernandinho possibly given a red card, and Mahrez' penalty would've stood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.