Remember, remember member..... 36 years ago today....

Just looking through my programme for the 10-1 game..i have several match reports saved from various newspapers and in one of them do Machin was quoted as saying a few days before the Match

" we are making plenty of chances and one of these days we will hit someone for 6!"
How right he was.
At 4nil up at half time he says he instructed his players to go for their throats and not relax.they certainly did.

I was there. Entered the Kippax via the right hand tunnel, stood level with the North Stand 18-yard line about 10 steps from the front. The 10th looked only 3 yards offside, lol. Bloke in front of us was ejected very early, getting back in when they opened the gates on about 80 minutes. He saw 9, their penalty, and 10 only.
We met up in The Welcome - my one and only time in there and I think the last time I saw you!

Watched it on ceefax as I was working.
Surprised we haven’t chalked up a couple more double figures in the last 5/6 years.

Yep..I remember them only being in platt lane...but my brains addled so imagine be wrong. That FA cup replay at Leeds Road was great...I reckon we took at least 6000 that night, great walk back to the train station
I went to the replay, City had some right nutters out that night

One thing I didn't know until looking at the history of Leeds Road yesterday was the rags played a "home" FA Cup game after Rosler's granddad paid a mid-season visit to The Swamp.
By my reckoning, the played "home games" at 7 different grounds in the 1900's. Not many other clubs can say that, if any!
Bank Street
OT
Leeds Road
Maine Road
Anfield
Victoria Ground, Stoke
Home Park, Plymouth
Fortunately, that may be the only rag record that we don't break. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.