Remember, remember member..... 36 years ago today....

Just looking at Leeds rd history,the ground was chosen as the venue for England's 2nd Home international fixture after the war in 1946, a home match against the Netherlands on 27th November 1946....

England's first home international game was at Maine rd Manchester..against Wales,13th Nov 1946,..almost 77 years to the day.

Post war there had been two friendlies played abroad before the Maine rd fixture.

Great score, shit attendance.
Remember having banter outside at the back of the Kippax with the Huddersfield lads at half time. I'm sure we were 4-0 up at the time and the scruffy cnuts thought they'd come back in the 2nd half.
Set it up nicely for the cup tie over at theirs a few weeks later, naughty
Weren't their lads in the platt lane that afternoon?

I don’t think there’s any footage of the Gidman goal which is a shame but in an age now where everything in life is captured digitally it’s nice to hark back to a time when you only have the images in your own mind of such a special moment - one of those mental celebrations where you’re absolutely breathless at the end of it and you’re stood nowhere near where you were stood and if you didn’t have hold of your mate you can’t see him anywhere
One of the best ,most mental celebrations watching us back in the day
When football was instinctive. Real.and not under the control of var...not a tv camera in sight.
Happy Days .

Wow 37 years!!! Back in the day before I passed my driving test, went with my older brother who happened to be a rag and yes the cnut insisted we leave at 9 1 to miss the traffic !!!! Still never forgive him to this day .

I was there. Entered the Kippax via the right hand tunnel, stood level with the North Stand 18-yard line about 10 steps from the front. The 10th looked only 3 yards offside, lol. Bloke in front of us was ejected very early, getting back in when they opened the gates on about 80 minutes. He saw 9, their penalty, and 10 only.

Just looking at Leeds rd history,the ground was chosen as the venue for England's 2nd Home international fixture after the war in 1946, a home match against the Netherlands on 27th November 1946....

England's first home international game was at Maine rd Manchester..against Wales,13th Nov 1946,..almost 77 years to the day.

Post war there had been two friendlies played abroad before the Maine rd fixture.
One thing I didn't know until looking at the history of Leeds Road yesterday was the rags played a "home" FA Cup game after Rosler's granddad paid a mid-season visit to The Swamp.
By my reckoning, the played "home games" at 7 different grounds in the 1900's. Not many other clubs can say that, if any!
Bank Street
OT
Leeds Road
Maine Road
Anfield
Victoria Ground, Stoke
Home Park, Plymouth

I threw a crutch at the ref after he sent of Mcnab at 2 1 with about 5 minutes left, it was picked up by one of our players and given to a copper who brought it back lol,
I completely lost the plot !!
I remember that so clearly
But not the Mcnab sending off ,id had a few pints of West York's bitter
I can recall the crutches flying thru the air onto the pitch( from the left hand side Stand ... of the away standing terrace..their Main Stand) but had completely forgotten about Mcnabs sending off...which made the last min goal by Gidman all the sweeter......
Mcnab was feisty and got stuck in in his later years in centre mid,but he should never have been sent off ...it wasn't his game.he wasn't nasty in the tackle. A bloody good player for us ,back in the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.