Removing large screws that have seized in brick work

No, no an no again, these things are carbon steel that snap at the drop of a hat and are impossible to drill out, get a set of Irwin "screw" extractors (They also do bolt extractors, I work on old cars and never had one that these didn`t bring out) from amazon.

If you are near to the airport you can borrow mine ;0)

Bastards are temp out of stock... it's the drill sized extractor I need, all thats left of them is the screw bit as I've drilled the entire head off, will they still be able to extract the screw? I assume i just hit it in reverse thread and drill down the shank then drill out? I tried using my standard screw extractors few days ago and it just killed them...

Swap houses with your neighbour after an elaborate ruse about swapping houses and how its the new black.

Failing that, pretend you never realised they were stuck and even if you did, you have decided to take up Buddism.

last resort. Pretend you are French, walking about it, gesticulating wildly half pissed, before going next door to seduce the neighbours wife and claim its part of the swapping deal.

no need to thank me. Ive been there.

iu

Well spotted fella, definite etrop granger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.