Replacing Hughes Now

Harty Boy said:
totally agree!

with leslie in charge:

Kaka "So whats city like lads"

Jo "I dont play, Hughes ignores me, im not happy"
Elano "I dont play, Hughes ignores me, im not happy"
Robbie "I play, even when injured, im not happy"

with another manager in charge, playing decent football and playing with confidence:

Kaka "So what city like lads"

Jo, Elano and Robbie "Very good mate, i play, im starting to score goals and loving it"

etc etc

get rid ASAP

I don't think the Brazilians are chav enough to call anyone "mate"

Ok so we replace Hughes! Great!
We get Mouriniho or Hiddink or some other blue chip manage. BUT we still wont be able to replace half the squad in January, so the likes of Vassell, TBH, Jo, Benj etc are still going to have some part to play until the squad is totally overhauled.
Do you seriously think anyone with any nouse will take over whilst we have a squad like ours? Nope!

Colins Bellend said:
It was also Robsons worst record as a manager apart from his 1st club Fulham

It probably was. Robson finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in his three full seasons in charge before the board deemed him too old and 5th not good enough and appointed Souness to 'sort out the dressing room' and take them on and upwards. The rest as we know is history. Robson was moderately successful in his stint at Newcastle but compared to the people before and after (bar keegan) it was a raging success.

I repeat Robson's consistantly high finishes in the league for me is better than 'fuckall'

Dale Blue said:
Ok so we replace Hughes! Great!
We get Mouriniho or Hiddink or some other blue chip manage. BUT we still wont be able to replace half the squad in January, so the likes of Vassell, TBH, Jo, Benj etc are still going to have some part to play until the squad is totally overhauled.
Do you seriously think anyone with any nouse will take over whilst we have a squad like ours? Nope!

Do you seriously think that anyone with any nouse would take this current squad and have them 17th in the league. Below comparative dross like West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, Fulham, Stoke, etc who have squads worth a fraction of the amount City's is worth?

That's the thing about good mangers. They take the resources available to them and make it more than the sum of the parts. They don't take a squad that has a lot of tlent in it and drag it down to the depths of underachievement, levels that no-one (even you) thought possible before the season started.

brass neck said:
I dont give a shit what some 90 year old codger said about hughes, out of all the great managers we have had inthe last thirty years...which ones won something?

Hughes has won more in his first club job than all of our managers combined have won at city sinse I have supported them!!!!!
What exactly did Hughes win at Blackburn?

RobbieBrewer said:
Hughes just entered his "backs to the wall" period.We'll all find out what he's made of in the next three games.Forget the excuses,the injuries and loss of form-this is CRUNCH time.If he can't motivate and get an extra 20% from every player and the body language reamains the same as it has been over the last few games then he-and us-are in trouble.

If the players want to play for him you'll see it on Sunday.If they don't,and we slip into the bottom three the writing is well and truly on the wall-even for the most ardent Hughes fan.

IMO he has three games to save his job,starting on Sunday.

IMO he had one game to save his job, starting on Sunday. A comprehensive drubbing by West Brom and he's gone, I think.

I want him to get a grip of leave.... its that simple, do the job you are being paid for or fuck off, because right now its like he is going through the motions, ooh 20mins left lets throw on a sub, ok. What do I say to the press that will cause the least waves.

I will stick with hughes till end of season then re-assess. I would say we are at least 8 players away from a good squad, it showed yesterday.

I understand some posters views on their reasoning for hughes out, but some are comical.

If we had floating managers (like another poster said) then we can get rid as soon as we lost 2games, or a substitution that WE didnt agree with.

I believe in what our owners are doing, and if they want to stick with him then thats fine. When they have had enough i'm sure they will sort it out.

lionheart said:
brass neck said:
I dont give a shit what some 90 year old codger said about hughes, out of all the great managers we have had inthe last thirty years...which ones won something?

Hughes has won more in his first club job than all of our managers combined have won at city since I have supported them!!!!!
What exactly did Hughes win at Blackburn?

Your right, my mistake. He didnt win stuff there I had it in my head he did for some reason, he did get to a few finals/semi's though as I recall..which still better than anything we have done, our greatest victory of the last 30 years has been getting promotion from division 3

maineroad68 said:
the level of venom spouted by a lot of posters on here is very unpleasant.

said the bloke arguing to get a man sacked from his job who has had less than half a season to prove himself, a manager who was very successful at a previous club, got his team into domestic semis and finals and also got a small team with a relatively small budget into Europe. Oh a and almost got a minnow of football to the world cup finals....a bit venomous I'd say!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.