Respect for other City fans.

City fan for 40yrs born in london proud to be a cockney but prouder to be a blue. When i go holiday i wear the shirt with pride and i believe i have every right to support city sadly seems to be a regular occurance now to be slagged off at games by some so called city fans, Majority of blues are great why have we got fans who believe only people from manchester can support city. I no the frustration of them down the road and being supported by cockneys pisses people off but thats what a global club has people all over the country and the world supporting them. To me anybody who supports city is alright with me lets get the monkey offf our backs of them lot down the road and embrace all city fans CTID

Tin hat is on

We live in stoke and often shop in stafford. Always see fellow blues and I have to say something even though I may not have my colours on. Just seems the right thing to do.
On holiday abroad or in the uk I always acknowledge another city fan.
Last Saturday in stafford town there was a father and son combo one red and one blue. Had to comment and they were friendly with their reply.
Coming back from the games at home we often follow a car full of blues back into the potteries.
Being blue is a way of life and we are a social bunch.

At the weekend in blackpool their was a doorman on at this pub he was wearing his city badge, we didn't see the badge and wondered why he let us queue jump until he came over in the pub and joined in signing with us !

kippax6713 said:
First time i went to Australia was when we won the play of final, walked into a bar in surfers paradise proudly wearing a city shirt, asked for a lager and the barman said ill buy you this one im a blue from Cheadle, spent most of my time in that bar , got the video of the game sent out and gave it to the barman he was happy, is bird was not.

lived in surfers for 12 month :)

Posted these before but they fit in this thread.

At Heathrow airport and my lad is wearing his City top, some random old guy comes over to shake his hand. I looked at him wondering what was up and he just pulled up his sleeve to show a city crest tattoo.

Wandering through Tesco's here in rural North Yorkshire, I was wearing my away strip top. Random old guy comes over and sparks up a conversation saying "don't see too many of them here, usually scummy rag tops"

Walking over some bridge in London with my lad again wearing his city hoodie. A builders van goes past beeping it's horn and I see 3 young-ish lads making gestures at him. Thinking the worst I looked closer and all 3 in the front giving him the thumbs-up and the van was from some firm in Manchester.

You don't see rags doing that because they are like rats, you're never more that 3 feet from one.

I never tire of saying this to anyone but we are the best fans in the world,
its never been easy supporting city, we never give up hope, our time is now.
Its never a holiday wthout taking your city top and the thrill when you meet a fellow or lassie blue, strangers but the bond is there.
Not bein sloppy well wot the hell but I do love you all.

I was on holiday in Scotland earlier in the year and I wore a City shirt every day. Went into Tesco in Galashiels one day and ended up talking to the Manager of the electrics section for nearly an hour. He said he just had to come and talk to me cos of my shirt, turned out he was originally from Gorton.

He was chuffed to meet another Blue and kept introducing me to everyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.