Richards

Fat Chance said:
The only saving grace for Micah is his age, that said he's got an ego and it will not allow him to know what he's done wrong. I recall him trying to give Vincent the face off/bump routine in one of VK's earliest games at centre back, he had been demoted essentially from that position to right fullback and Vk was playing the game of his life...only richards was'nt having instruction from him in regard to his positional sense(mirror image of him and toure today). Kompany looked at him like he'd gone out. I'm sure the words with Hughes last season were a very similar carry on...the kids a big head with not a lot to big headed about. He's been a big fit lad through school and got in the school teams...he's no footballer, he's a lucky boy to have broken through the professional ranks....like i said a coule of month ago "every manager in the premiership now knows he's achilees heel" and because of ego it will not fixed (easilly). He wants to try acting for a career move...he does the 'i'm out of position so i'll go all injured, oh hang on the moves broke down, i guess i'm not injured any more caper' better than his right fullback impressions.
quality

im sure micah doesnt play badly on purpose.im sure he has been told over and over again in training about positional play.lets face it playing at fullback u dont need to be a rocket scientist.all i can think is that micah may just be as numb as a piss stone.

think the critisism of micah is a bit harsh...

micah supposedly asked hughes to be switched to rb from cb due to a "concentration issue" so people suggesting he would rather play at cb are mistaken. concentration for a defender is paramount (obv) but i also think it comes with experience - micah is still only 21 (just)

he has clearly bulked up in the last 12 months or so... is that not down to his age/growth etc?? He is a superb athlete, powerfull and strong, and everything you would want in a modern day defender.......he just needs to keep his focus and learn from those around him.

im just as quick to shout and scream at him when he has made a mistake, and maybe that is half the problem - he needs encouragement.. He isnt the cocky arogant tw@ people make him out to be, however his demeanour at times clearly gets peoples backs up... which is part of his problem too...

all in all tho, managed properly, i think he can become a top top player. i just hope its with us.

Even when he is in position he has this I'm going to plant my feet firmly and do a crab impression. What is all that about? He is caught on his heels numerous times. I know he is trying to see the ball but I don't see top class defenders doing it this pronounced. He needs to be on his toes so he can react!

I'm not going to go overboard criticising him though, we had been under tremendous pressure for some time and he won't be the only fullback to buckle under pressure at the swamp.

FEEDHIMGARY said:
think the critisism of micah is a bit harsh...

micah supposedly asked hughes to be switched to rb from cb due to a "concentration issue" so people suggesting he would rather play at cb are mistaken. concentration for a defender is paramount (obv) but i also think it comes with experience - micah is still only 21 (just)

he has clearly bulked up in the last 12 months or so... is that not down to his age/growth etc?? He is a superb athlete, powerfull and strong, and everything you would want in a modern day defender.......he just needs to keep his focus and learn from those around him.

im just as quick to shout and scream at him when he has made a mistake, and maybe that is half the problem - he needs encouragement.. He isnt the cocky arogant tw@ people make him out to be, however his demeanour at times clearly gets peoples backs up... which is part of his problem too...

all in all tho, managed properly, i think he can become a top top player. i just hope its with us.

He reminds me of our GK in youth games. He was awesome GK and I believe he could have made a career from it. But alas, after a while he decided to play a striker, in the critical moment of footballing. (14-16) I see the same in Micah. He'll never be a world class wing back because he cant develop the technic required at this stage of his career. All his qualities point to a CB as Sven also noticed. Too bad he doesn't want to play there, that's the only position he still have hope to become world class.

Then again, many world class athletes, and others, have proved haters wrong by going for what they love! But Hughes' job is in the line and he must see what we see and make a decision sooner or later.

He isnt the cocky arogant tw@ people make him out to be, however his demeanour at times clearly gets peoples backs up... which is part of his problem too...

"what terminology would you use for someone who bawls back that they are in the right when someone is trying to offer advice....in a team sport".

The situation with MR reminds me of the one Gregory had at Villa with Ginola, after telling him he was'nt fit enough Ginola took his shirt off and shown him a pumped up bicep....what Ginola failed to understand was he was being employed in a game that lasted for 1 and half hours and he consistantly offered nothing in the last 15 mins due to being fucko'd. Richards is too pumped up for a full back....he's simply got to stand off the winger....whats his options.. getting involved in a jinky left/right quick step dance with a jockeying winger... built like that....i don't fuckin think so somehow.

i still cant get my head round why we were so intent on getting Lescott, he dont look anything special, in fact i preferred Dunne.

I never see a moment of composure from Richards. He seems to react rather than anticipate -which all good defenders do. He is a good athlete but looks to have overdone the weights to me and his positional sense was exposed on Sunday, just watch the build up to no 4 ,he just ball watches from about 2 yards from Toure letting Owen drift 10 yards without even looking at him - then his arms go up looking to blame Wright Phillips. Not good enough at this level. I agree that Nedum and Zabaletta would be better all round. When he played under21's V Germany (?) they were told to let him have the ball so confident were they that he would give it away or run down a cu lde sac

We might not be ready yet to take the triple winning premiership champions on their own ground but I really don't think that we need a finger pointing exercise. I am sure Hughes will be doing this in a constructive way.

As one journalist wrote today "The train hasn't arrived yet, but you can hear the rumble".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.