Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mahrez is fit, by Christmas I think it will be apparent the kind of player w ave on are hands here.
He has everything. The only thing I would suggest is missing is that I think he is a 20 goal a season player in the right side, hence he is by all accounts ours. Hes clever, mobile, great dribbler, nice pass selection, can and will work for the est of the team. My shock is that City appear to have had a free ruin at him or its been case that both parties have wanted this to happen.

This player is dynamite and assuming he stays fit will without a shadow of doubt start games.

Of equal importance is the competition and motivation to improve he will trigger within all of our attacking players, because they will know that they have a worldy on the bench waiting to take his chance.

He has nothing to prove at City, absolutely nothing.

The guy is a title winner in a side where he had to work is butt off to help the team maintain a defensive shape before breaking swiftly on the counter.

You cant play within Leicesters tactical shape and not know how to graft.

The thing to consider is that he has been playing out of this world for them, within a tactical shape that was not set up to provide him or the team with a lot of the ball.

This guy within Citys tactical shape where ball retention is is everything, and wave after wave of attacking posessional play is encouraged will be dynamite.

He needs to maintain his form of course to that of the title winning season and that of the last 3 months of this last season, but apart from that he ticks every single box you care to mention, and in good form, I'm sorry but he walks into that City side.

Who gets left out?

Thats up to Pep

Sour grapes?
Not at all, just honesty... his pennos are quite poor as well. If I was pretending that every part of his game was perfect, I'd be a liar.

He's a street footballer and came to a high level at a fairly old age really. So you see that rawness in his game still in certain areas, missing out on the factory setting of youth setups means he's not had the skills drummed out of him or not been made to practice 500 corners a week. It's all intuitive, quick thinking, close area stuff where he excels.

From what I’ve seen he has a great delivery and every time we’ve played against him they have always caused us problems
Having watched every second he's played for Leicester, there are more bad than good. For someone with so much quality, his set pieces has always been an area of frustration. He'll pull off the odd world class set piece don't get me wrong. But I'd suggest you have far better options in the team for that stuff already.

FBL-ENG-PR-MAN-CITY-WEST-HAM.jpg

Must be something about these Algerian/French mavericks that turns them to the peroxide. ;-)
Completely forget about that; with good reason!

Not at all, just honesty... his pennos are quite poor as well. If I was pretending that every part of his game was perfect, I'd be a liar.

He's a street footballer and came to a high level at a fairly old age really. So you see that rawness in his game still in certain areas, missing out on the factory setting of youth setups means he's not had the skills drummed out of him or not been made to practice 500 corners a week. It's all intuitive, quick thinking, close area stuff where he excels.

Sounds perfect for breaking down defensive teams!

Genuine question.....If Jesus or Aguero ever injured, is he able to play in the middle/striker role? Or it is more likely to be someone like Sterling and Mahrez would play out wide? cheers all.

Morning all,
I am a Leicester fan and I will no doubt get laughed out of this place but I firmly believe you will be raving about Riyad after only a few games and he will become a permenant fixture in your team. For me he is one of the most technically gifted players in the Premier league and I would rate him above Sane and Sterling. I believe in your team he will be incredible and set the league alight. I am gutted that he is going as he is truly magic and I wish him well at City. I will certainly watch more of your games now.

Cheers....Welcome to the forum mate...

It'll be tough for him to unseat Sane and Raz but they played nearly all our games last year.

We need someone who can rest.

He will start the season though. Sane and Raz will be late back from the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.