Roberto Mancini

I think Pep is getting us now. At first I think he struggled to understand our mentality. Mancini certainly got us from day one.
The day after or a couple of days after he was grabbing lunch and took time out to come over to my friend and her little boys wearing their City stuff to sign stuff. She said he was incredibly charming. She is fit mind!

I agree with you on that. I do think Pep has got us now. I think our history (working class, largely ignored or patronised fanbase etc) appeals to his innate sense of fairness and spirit of the underdog etc.

Let's be honest, we, as blues, have never had it so good as the last few years .

Mancini: first trophy and title in forever.
Pellers: First double in ages and first one ever involving a title.
Pep: Best manager in the world, 100 points, first ever domestic treble in English history.

We are blessed and I love it.

I agree with you on that. I do think Pep has got us now. I think our history (working class, largely ignored or patronised fanbase etc) appeals to his innate sense of fairness and spirit of the underdog etc.

Let's be honest, we, as blues, have never had it so good as the last few years .

Mancini: first trophy and title in forever.
Pellers: First double in ages and first one ever involving a title.
Pep: Best manager in the world, 100 points, first ever domestic treble in English history.

We are blessed and I love it.
And we won away at Reading under Kidd.

I think Pep is getting us now. At first I think he struggled to understand our mentality. Mancini certainly got us from day one.
The day after or a couple of days after he was grabbing lunch and took time out to come over to my friend and her little boys wearing their City stuff to sign stuff. She said he was incredibly charming. She is fit mind!

As much as I love Bobby, and will always be grateful for all he did for us, it wasn’t charming to publicly call players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45918581
I think it was the Manchester Arena bombing that did it for Pep, his wife and daughter were there. If you listen to the Five Life Pep and his Music programme, from last year, and the way he talks about the incident and the incredible reaction of Mancunians

4 things stuck with me early on in Bobby Mancs reign. 1. Was wearing the scarf and the cool Italian style 2. First home game Kiddo getting excited tried to jump off the bench and Bobby placed his hand on him and made him sit back and chill down ... class 3. Loved town out every night mixing with any blues he could find 4. The reaction when we conceded our first goal at home... he was well pissed off

I always felt with Bobby that he was someone who you could get behind - someone with passion, drive, a dose of anger and a lot of ambition. It probably helped that in his time we were on the ascendancy - things feel a lot different when you are already at the top and expected to stay there and win every game (as with Pep), whereas with Mancini you felt like you were taking each game as it came, and it was a hell of a ride. The dourness of Pellegrini was a real comedown (and I still feel that that 2014 team was very much Bobby's - Manuel just steadied the ship a bit).

Best memroy was is celebration for the last-minute winner against Villareal - summed him up for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.