Rodgers - deluded ?

It's that little word 'if' again....

If I won the Euromillions tonight...
If I were a famous Hollywood actor...
If I was the Duke of Devonshire's secret love child...
If I won the Nobel prize for literature...
If I was elected Lord Protector of England for life...

First of all he wasn't talking about this actual Celtic team being a force in the EPL he was saying that if Celtic got in with the tv money and the crowds we get we would be a major force.Obviously the more money you have the stronger you will become because you can afford to pay top wages.Brendan Rodgers also said because we would be a force in the EPL we would never get invited in.Chelsea and man city only became champions league teams when they got billionaire owners.The man city fans who go on about us being a championship level team in England don't even watch Celtic games on tv.Most Celtic fans watch the EPL on tv so we know the standard of that league and outside the top 6 the level isn't that strong as shown by English clubs performances in the uefa/Europa league.Certainly the EPL is the most over hyped league in Europe but watching the burnley Watford game on Monday and watching the likes of West Ham and Sunderland I can assure you that we are a lot better than them.I think we are the standard of Everton or Southampton.If we are the level of a championship team then you'll be glad you're in the EPL because you obviously find playing teams of championship level far tougher than the teams in the EPL.

First of all he wasn't talking about this actual Celtic team being a force in the EPL he was saying that if Celtic got in with the tv money and the crowds we get we would be a major force.Obviously the more money you have the stronger you will become because you can afford to pay top wages.Brendan Rodgers also said because we would be a force in the EPL we would never get invited in.Chelsea and man city only became champions league teams when they got billionaire owners.The man city fans who go on about us being a championship level team in England don't even watch Celtic games on tv.Most Celtic fans watch the EPL on tv so we know the standard of that league and outside the top 6 the level isn't that strong as shown by English clubs performances in the uefa/Europa league.Certainly the EPL is the most over hyped league in Europe but watching the burnley Watford game on Monday and watching the likes of West Ham and Sunderland I can assure you that we are a lot better than them.I think we are the standard of Everton or Southampton.If we are the level of a championship team then you'll be glad you're in the EPL because you obviously find playing teams of championship level far tougher than the teams in the EPL.

1. You'll never be a force in the Premier League because you are already in a league of your own.

2. Most English teams field weakened sides in the Europa League.

3. You have had things your (and Rangers') own way for far too long in Scotland. That's why your league is so poor.

Re: Celtic - the other night was one of those cup-tie nights, where the Scotland v England angle was played up, and the fans were whipped up... for a one off cup game!
Week-in-week-out it's a different story - they couldn't play with that intensity every week, and the crowd wouldn't be so excited for a mid to low table team as they would for playing one of the top teams. MK Dons beat the rags a couple of years back, Birmingham beat Arsenal in the League Cup Final... Wigan beat us... you don't get giddy when you raise your game once in a blue moon!!!
I went to their game against Lincoln Rag Imps in July and they were acting as though they won the bloody trophy having beaten a team from Gibraltar 3-1 on aggregate.
Having said that; it was almost full and many in all three double decker stands were chanting.
The other night almost everybody in the ground seemed to be chanting - and most stayed till the end.

So, Mr. Messi. We have three offers from teams in the premier league.
one is from London, one is from Manchester and one is from Glasgow.
Which one should we rule out?

I think you'll find City fans in particular will have caught more Celtic games than most Prem League fans because of the players we've had loaned there, your average standard of opposition is way lower than that of even a Sunderland of that I have no doubt... so championship level is about right for them but it would be unfair to say that of Celtic I agree to be fair to you, not really sure I agree you're on the same level as Everton though but it's hard to judge I guess. Also it's a bit unfair to compare your club on the basis of European Football participation between most teams in the PL because it's a lot easier for you to qualify and you're one of only two names worth mentioning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.