Rodri Understudy

Paqueta replaces Bernardo’s ability to play centrally or on the wing. In my opinion, we should move Kovacic on if Saudi come calling (since Nunes will be impossible to shift). Bernardo is surely off this time. So for me it’s Bruno G for Kovacic (and the added benefit of Bruno G being better at both 6 AND 8 than Kova) and then Paqueta for Bernardo. That would be my prediction. We’ll be buying both, or if not those two specifically, players that fit their profiles.
and who replaces Gundo ?

If Rodri was that great he'd be in for a Player of the Year award. Same with Pep as manager really. He need better. Ask the British media.

I know that , I just don’t think he gets in our midfield IF we buy Paqueta, or anyone else, he doesn’t, so unless he comes instead of Paqueta, which is possible he isn’t the right one.
All I’m saying is we won’t buy Paqueta and Guimaraes, think it’s one or the other.
Both are different positions

On is a dm/cm
Other is cm/am

Bruno G. Since Kovacic is the current Gundo ‘replacement’ and I’d happily sell him to make space for Guimaraes
All about opinions mate, to me the title of the thread should have been who corrects the Phillips mistake, which Bruno will and Kova was never going to be a Gundo, anyway
all the best and cmon u blues

Getting this one in early but Joao Palhinha would be another decent cover option. Similar to Paqueta but without the looming suspension.

Last edited:
Getting this one in early but Joao Palhinha would be another decent cover option. Similar to Paqueta but without the looming suspension.
29 years old in a month and a half. Would prefer Neves, or Palacios from Bayer. We have a small squad, so they would play plenty.

29 years old in a month and a half. Would prefer Neves, or Palacios from Bayer. We have a small squad, so they would play plenty.
Age doesn't mean much a it is mostly cover and it doesn't have to be one for the long term. The few issues
are he isn't the greatest on the ball and maybe on the expensive side. We won't be getting any Bayer Leverkusen players this summer.

Last edited:
All the players people are linking are players who are more forward thinking, more Gundogan replacements, Bruno and Pacqueta.

These are partners to Rodri, not Rodri backups.

The Rodri backup is already playing with him, it's Kovacic, and he is the one who lets Rodri play higher.

Now those 2 could play with Kovacic, to give Rodri rest, which is what I expect to happen.

I still would like Bruno or Paqueta, but both of them is completely unrealistic, since Lewis or Nunes would be 4th choice behind any 3 of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.