Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that, if he now has a good season at Lille, he'll go back and walk into Monaco's starting 11. Whereas, if he was coming back to us, he'd most likely still struggle to make the bench.

I'm a fan of his and am still disappointed that he's gone but it's best for his career.

When Patrick Viera becomes a first team manager, I can see Lopes jumping at the opportunity to work with him again.

1. City Watch ‏@City_Watch 36s37 seconds ago
  2. City Watch retweeted LOSC

Rony Lopes has returned to Lille on loan after his move to Monaco from City.

City Watch added,

CNvZjJpWcAAEHiF.png

LOSC @Iosclive
    [OFFICIEL] @Rony10Lopes est à nouveau prêté au #LOSC pour une saison par @AS_Monaco http://bit.ly/1rHzc6U
    0 retweets0 favorites

So Monaco don't believe Lopes is ready to be trusted with regular game time for them in Ligue 1 and want him to develop with regular game time at another club instead. An option you'd suspect City would have been willing to take up as well, if Lopes had been inclined to sign a new deal. Perhaps people might actually cut the club a little slack on this one. Are we really saying Lopes needed to be tested with first team games in the Premier League at City when Monaco don't feel he's ready to be tested with first team games in Ligue 1 with them?

So Monaco don't believe Lopes is ready to be trusted with regular game time for them in Ligue 1 and want him to develop with regular game time at another club instead. An option you'd suspect City would have been willing to take up as well, if Lopes had been inclined to sign a new deal. Perhaps people might actually cut the club a little slack on this one. Are we really saying Lopes needed to be tested with first team games in the Premier League at City when Monaco don't feel he's ready to be tested with first team games in Ligue 1 with them?
Click the link. Says he's been loaned by City. Probably a fake account.

And if instead, he takes the place of the guy Utd just paid 36 million for & perfoms as well or better ?

And if instead, he takes the place of the guy Utd just paid 36 million for & perfoms as well or better ?

Firstly my post was based on the article that stated he'd been loaned to Lille from Monaco, so your scenario wouldn't be a possibility (although it now seems the article is from when City loaned him to Lille, not a new one, but as it's in French I didn't know that, especially as the accompanying tweet clearly stated, in English, it was a loan from Monaco). Secondly, even if he does stay at Monaco, and replace Martial in the side, does that mean he'd be good enough to have stayed at City, and replace one of our first team squad? I'm sure he'll end up playing regular first team football for someone throughout his career, however unless that someone is of a comparable level to where City are, it'll never be proof he would have made the grade at City.

Firstly my post was based on the article that stated he'd been loaned to Lille from Monaco, so your scenario wouldn't be a possibility (although it now seems the article is from when City loaned him to Lille, not a new one, but as it's in French I didn't know that, especially as the accompanying tweet clearly stated, in English, it was a loan from Monaco). Secondly, even if he does stay at Monaco, and replace Martial in the side, does that mean he'd be good enough to have stayed at City, and replace one of our first team squad? I'm sure he'll end up playing regular first team football for someone throughout his career, however unless that someone is of a comparable level to where City are, it'll never be proof he would have made the grade at City.

So basically no matter what happens you are right.

So basically no matter what happens you are right.

No, if he rocks up at one of Europe's top sides and is playing regularly then City have made an error, as he'd clearly be able to do the same for us. However if he's playing regularly for a lower level side then that doesn't prove his abilities would be good enough to play for City. Pretty simply really.

No, if he rocks up at one of Europe's top sides and is playing regularly then City have made an error, as he'd clearly be able to do the same for us. However if he's playing regularly for a lower level side then that doesn't prove his abilities would be good enough to play for City. Pretty simply really.

It's simpler for me. If he has a buyback clause (which I'm hopeful is the case especially due to his tweet re City after leaving) then it's disappointing but ok. If he doesn't, it is a catastrophically fucking stupid, EdWoodward/ De Gea level fuckup as he is potentially worth a fortune & we should have got him signed up before he went to Lille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.