Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

blueparrot said:
sjk2008 said:
Matty said:
Yep, £33.3m per player. Mata cost them £37.1m. Then there's the wages. Then there's the signing on fee. Then there's the agent fees. So, how much did Mata, a very good but NOT a top quality player, actually cost them?

Mata is a top quality player. Whether Moyes can get that back out of him is another thing entirely. He showed in the two years prior to Mourinho going back to Chelsea just how good he was, and how easily he adapted to the PL.

As for their potential transfer budget - it's not just a case of spunking £200m in transfers alone. There is likely to be a mass cull over at OT at the end of the season. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez are all likely to be off. All those players will be on wages between 75-150k pw at the moment - Anderson, Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez will bring in transfer fees (Juve are still keen on Nani I believe).

Then you have the likes of Young, Valencia and possibly RVP who may or may not be shown the door - a lot more wages and incoming funds. Plus the fact that United seem to have been focusing strongly in the commercial area these last 12-24 months says to me that they will have plenty of wedge to spend. They've already spent £65m on just Fellaini & Mata. I think you'd be naive to think they wont be buying plenty more. I seem to remember you laughing at anyone who deemed to suggest RVP would join United a few summers back, because you were adamant they're not willing to spend that easily?

The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future. It'll take a huge overhaul this summer to turn them instantly back into title challengers, however the aim will certainly be to challenge given they wont have any European fixture backlog for a season. One season out of the CL wont damage them too much, however another season without it and the panic may well set in then - and that's the reason why, along with Rooney's (apparent) commitment, that I feel they have no choice but to spend big in the summer.

And if Moyes fails on top 4 the following season, he'll be out the door for sure.

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez , Giggs
Young, Valencia and possibly RVP

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.
I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.
You can add Jones, Smalling and potentially Cleverley to that list as well.

If they don't get Europe they are going to have to pay way over the odds to get anyone of quality. Whatever money they have to spend they will have to spend it wisely because if just for example were to spend 200m this close season and they fail again next and they get rid of Moyes are the Glazers going to want to continue to spend that sum of money till they get it right. The pulling power of their brand ain't going to last forever.

It's immaterial as long as Moyes is in charge.

He just doesn't have what it takes to manage at the very top level, this is glaringly obvious. Just how long it takes before u*d admit this to themselves and take action is down to them.

We should be thanking slur Alex for this, he's put them right in the shit.

SOD...

blueparrot said:

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.

vidic apparently agreed a deal with Inter for next season, but Evra has signed a new deal I believe.

blueparrot said:
sjk2008 said:
Matty said:
Yep, £33.3m per player. Mata cost them £37.1m. Then there's the wages. Then there's the signing on fee. Then there's the agent fees. So, how much did Mata, a very good but NOT a top quality player, actually cost them?

Mata is a top quality player. Whether Moyes can get that back out of him is another thing entirely. He showed in the two years prior to Mourinho going back to Chelsea just how good he was, and how easily he adapted to the PL.

As for their potential transfer budget - it's not just a case of spunking £200m in transfers alone. There is likely to be a mass cull over at OT at the end of the season. Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez are all likely to be off. All those players will be on wages between 75-150k pw at the moment - Anderson, Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez will bring in transfer fees (Juve are still keen on Nani I believe).

Then you have the likes of Young, Valencia and possibly RVP who may or may not be shown the door - a lot more wages and incoming funds. Plus the fact that United seem to have been focusing strongly in the commercial area these last 12-24 months says to me that they will have plenty of wedge to spend. They've already spent £65m on just Fellaini & Mata. I think you'd be naive to think they wont be buying plenty more. I seem to remember you laughing at anyone who deemed to suggest RVP would join United a few summers back, because you were adamant they're not willing to spend that easily?

The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future. It'll take a huge overhaul this summer to turn them instantly back into title challengers, however the aim will certainly be to challenge given they wont have any European fixture backlog for a season. One season out of the CL wont damage them too much, however another season without it and the panic may well set in then - and that's the reason why, along with Rooney's (apparent) commitment, that I feel they have no choice but to spend big in the summer.

And if Moyes fails on top 4 the following season, he'll be out the door for sure.

I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.
There's no way there'll be a cull of the magnitude sjk2008 is suggesting. Maybe 3 or 4 will leave in the summer, but even Wee Davey isn't daft enough to get rid of almost half the squad in one fell swoop.

baggy said:
It's immaterial as long as Moyes is in charge.

He just doesn't have what it takes to manage at the very top level, this is glaringly obvious. Just how long it takes before u*d admit this to themselves and take action is down to them.

We should be thanking slur Alex for this, he's put them right in the shit.

SOD...

#SOD

Gollum : Let me see ! what can we do to lift morale, create dressing room harmony and camaraderie within the squad ...........I KNOW WE'LL GIVE ONE SINGLE PLAYER A 5 YEAR DEAL WORTH 300K A WEEK !!!! ------------------fucking genius ! the trickle of rats jumping the sinking ship will become a torrent and any "world class" players being courted by Gollum will want the same or they'll jog onto the next club this has insured their continued demise perfectly.

I wish they were paying him 1m a week the more they pay on wages for this C@@t the less they have to spend on players they actually need.

United don't do mercenaries but if they did....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.