Running

I've been running for 30 years and am convinced of the health benefits and all round good feeling it gives you. Was in an athletics club for many years and did track and cross country. For the past 10 years I just do it to keep fit. I also go to the gym so it's not all 1 type of exercise and the gym work balances everything out. I don't think it matters was type of exercise you do, so long as you do some. It has been of great benefit to me as I get older.

I was about 20mins past halfway when Finlay Wild came charging back down the other way. Unreal athlete. 8 wins on the bounce for him.

What other sport sees the top boys compete alongside dickheads like me in the same field and then all have a beer afterwards. Love it

I know. You look at people like Findlay and think, you're a fucking Alien.

Joined Blackley walk2run earlier this year, 5 months ago, been out running 3 times a week and have improved massively, love the motivation I've got with going out as a group instead of running alone. Go from the track in Bogor O'clough. Did the Manchester half marathon after 3 weeks training in 1:58 and am doing the one in Salford in October, hope to be around 1:45 this time. Ant to do my first full marathon next April, not bad for 49 I think.
Definitely got the running bug now.

I try to run to keep fit but i find it mind numbingly boring. I listen to music but it doesn't help. I usually stop after a couple of km, not becasue im tired but because Im bored.

I try to run to keep fit but i find it mind numbingly boring. I listen to music but it doesn't help. I usually stop after a couple of km, not becasue im tired but because Im bored.

Try hill / fell running. Loads of good local races if you leave anywhere near the Peak District. Only cost a fiver or so to enter

I get why you would find it boring, but I enjoy the solitude of it. Love getting out for an hour after work just to get my thoughts together, also find it very relaxing.

I try to run a couple of miles most mornings and a couple of 5 milers every week. But buggered my calf up yesterday which feels like it'll take several weeks to recover.

I was late to running but really enjoy it. Not the fastest but can comfortably run 50 min 10k or sub 2-hour half marathon.

Did my first half marathon back in May and due to run the Manchester half in October. I'm halfway through a training programme which mixes up a Sunday long run with easy runs, tempo runs and interval training. However, this time around my calves and achilles are very tender and i'm struggling to get anywhere near race pace.

I think I need new trainers but any advice/suggestions from the more experienced runners on here?

My goal is to comfortably, and consistently,run under 50 minutes for 10k. Doesn't have to be by much and then work my way up to a half marathon and maybe beyond. At nearly 50, it might not get any easier though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.