Russian invasion of Ukraine

Ukraine was made to give up fighter planes and weapons and now we are taking so long to replace them we need to step up and supply replacement planes and long range bombs soon as.

Embarrassing really,I could just imagine the Russian eyes and brain thinking oh yeah..Maybe countries in the future wont be so naive

With hindsight, if the west reacted in 2014 to support Ukraine, it would have been relatively easy to push Russia out.
A lesson that needs to be learned for the future.
That’s not true imho. The Ukrainian army hardly existed in 2014. Short of NATO taking over, it would have been impossible to push out the Russians. UK and others reacted by building up Ukrainian forces with training and expertise. It took time. We have been heavily involved in this fight for nearly ten years. If there has been a failure it is the drip drip nature of our material support in this later phase. We should have been quicker to supply modern armaments.

What the fuck has happened to the US Rupublican Party?
Trump, Maga, looney tunes in congress, cult, gullible public, right wing media lies eg Fox.

That’s not true imho. The Ukrainian army hardly existed in 2014. Short of NATO taking over, it would have been impossible to push out the Russians. UK and others reacted by building up Ukrainian forces with training and expertise. It took time. We have been heavily involved in this fight for nearly ten years. If there has been a failure it is the drip drip nature of our material support in this later phase. We should have been quicker to supply modern armaments.
The point I think is believing that Europe was stable and driving down all our weapons to the bare minimum (apart from Nuclear) thinking trench warfare was a thing of the past.
No one is going to push the button the lesson learned, I hope we are building up some reserves we can’t count on peace and stability in Europe anymore.

Many people don't know anything about this. In my (now part time) job which supports our military abroad, I have been doing stuff for our military advisors in Ukraine since 2014. As we no longer (officially) have any advisors there, we're actually doing far less now than we have been all that time, it's not only been us either, other countries had advisors there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.