Ryan Bertrand

I think this makes the most sense....we need 3/4 fullbacks this summer. Signing both and having Bertrand as a "backup" to Mendy would be a good move.

Ahsan Naeem‏ @AhsanNaeem 3m3 minutes ago
Everyone. Stand down please. City want 4 full backs this summer. Bertrand's on that list with Mendy. He's NOT an alternative.

I knowthat Ahsan is well connected and enjoy his podcasts.
I would be slightly surprised if we bought 4 full backs this summer unless at least one is a full back/center back or midfielder / full back. Khaldoon has said we will be bringing in a similar number of players to previous seasons when we have never brought in more than 6 and we have talk of at least one more forward and possibly centre back on top of the 'keeper and midfielder already purchased.
We also don't have too many squad places though we could fit in Bertrand if Delph leaves.
Personally I think 'Dinho may well be the back up right back or possibly a centre back who can play right back.

Nothing against Bertrand, he's solid if unspectacular and would make sense to bring him in. especially if it's in addition to Mendy. But if we started the season with Walker and Bertrand as our starting fullbacks i'd be very underwhelmed, and would suggest another summer of missing out on primary targets and settling for alternatives.

I guess it's all about opinions but I'd be interested to know who realistically you'd sign as our starting full backs for a combined 80m.

Fernandinho and Kolarov will be reserve full backs.

No way on earth are we signing a GK, 4 full backs, a centre back, a holding mid an attacking mid (Silva) and a forward.

Absolutely no chance those 2 are back up full backs going into next season not a single prayer

Absolutely no chance those 2 are back up full backs going into next season not a single prayer

Fernandinho and Kolarov playing cover roles and that's why people looked puzzle with pep last season and it will not happen again new signings all the way and a couple from the youth. we can not go on with cover this place or that top draw players are needed and in there right roles

If Bertrand goes through I still think we'll sign Mendy and Walker and use Fernandinho as a back up right back.

Fernandinho and Kolarov playing cover roles and that's why people looked puzzle with pep last season and it will not happen again new signings all the way and a couple from the youth. we can not go on with cover this place or that top draw players are needed and in there right roles
Listen if we buy 4 fullbacks and all of other targets I will be thrilled.

Did a bit more reading.

Bertrand left Chelsea to get first team minutes and is now in his prime.

Would he come back to a top team only to be a 2nd choice LB again though? Would be quite surprised if he is coming to City to be our 2nd choice LB behind Mendy based on his move in the past.

This is either legit our top candidate or City are just trying to pressure Monaco to sell Mendy a bit faster.

EDIT: Also can Mendy/Berntrand play on the right or any other positions just trying to see if they can fit anywhere else as 2nd choice of for example LCB or RB.

FWIW according to Football Manger ( I know, I know) Bertrand can play a little CB but isn't much more than an adequate player there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.