Sad Thing about today....

All I can say it takes more than 1 swallow to make a summer. It just shows that with the right players and attitude games can we won. Whether we can keep this up depends on Hughes and whether he can keep up the momentum and play the right tactics and play the right team.

Revolver said:
Under Sven we were heading for the Championship on the basis of the second half of last season. It may be that Hughes is not the answer but it shouldn't be thought that he joined an outfit that needed a bit of fine tweeking to get in the top six. It may be that he inherited a bit of a mess that needs time as well as money which is why the owners are sticking by him

To cover up any of his "deficiencies" the team needs to win which is what they did today. So tonight it is okay to celebrate.
absolutely & completely spot on, cant believe how people adore sven so much, sure there was good but an awful lot of bad as well, we were in a mess , no doubt.

Today showed that all this "Svens dross" talk is bollocks, and we actually have a very good squad.

moomba said:
Today showed that all this "Svens dross" talk is bollocks, and we actually have a very good squad.

...and a very good manager.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
No, wouldn't say so.

...didn't think you would...;- )

I'm happy give him credit for the game today, and will give him more credit if he has mended rifts in the dressing room. But todays result doesn't mean he is a good manager.

But a bad squad of players can't get a result like we got today.

Revolver said:
Under Sven we were heading for the Championship on the basis of the second half of last season. .

Good reasoning. And going on that basis, we were heading for the championship under Hughes' first half a season....

good logic eh?

oaksie2 said:
Great result, 5-1 goes down in the history books and all that. I really enjoyed it and am still enjoying it. Have I got the confidence in the team to go to Blackburn and pick up 3 points? No I haven't, why? because we are too easy to shut down, we cannot play from the back into our quality players Elano,SWP,Ireland and Robinho. Get into us and we are fooked, we miss a couple of footballing defenders Corluka is a massive loss to us, and for whatever reason Hart just don't want to throw it out to his fullbacks, he seems to want to launch it all the time, like I say great result and am going to enjoy tonight, but I can see why we are struggling. First buy on January 1st would be Upson and I would play him alongside Kompany. We played some good stuff at times today but please lets be realistic and hope we can get a little run going now.

Had Corluka stuck around, we would be in a far better position than we are now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.