Saturday 9th April football thread

Spurs fan in peace said:
I get the feeling a majority on here wouldnt be too happy to finish 4th if Spurs finished 3rd

to be honest I wouldn't mind if you finished 1st or 20th as long as we finish 4th!

Andouble said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
I get the feeling a majority on here wouldnt be too happy to finish 4th if Spurs finished 3rd

to be honest I wouldn't mind if you finished 1st or 20th as long as we finish 4th!
why do spurs fans have such inflated opinions of themselves, we really don't give a toss about you

Andouble said:
Spurs fan in peace said:

fair play I feel the exact same, I see City only as rivals in football terms I dont hate them or anything

Bilboblue said:
Spurs fan in peace said:
geniune question, how confident are all of you that you'll win at Anfield?

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't.

I think we will
I think you definitely will, you've got far too much quality for them, taking into account who they have out as well.

I'd love Everton to finish ahead of Liverpool this season.

Spurs fan in peace said:
Andouble said:

fair play I feel the exact same, I see City only as rivals in football terms I dont hate them or anything

even though Spurs goal tally isn't as high as many pundits would make you think, I still find their type of play adventurous and I like a lot of Spurs players. I feel obligated to root vehemently against you because of the circumstances between both clubs, but if we weren't in direct competition I'd have no problem with THFC.

Spurs fan in peace said:
geniune question, how confident are all of you that you'll win at Anfield?

Reasonably. They have players out and we should be in good spirits. No doubt that on our day we can beat anything they have, but realistically one or two of ours might be coasting ready for the semi, and a point is surely enough to keep the pressure on you for now.

That being said, a win tommorow would be a huge step forward. 6 points clear, plus an unsurmountable goal difference. We'd have played one more game, but your game in hand is against Arsenal, I could stand you winning that, because two weekends later we'd be playing West Ham at home whilst you and Chelsea meet (and Arsenal play Utd).

If you're still in this it's partly because Chelsea still aren't playing well. There's little chance of you beating both teams (us and Chelsea) but you only need one or the other to fuck up two or three times. In the same way, we're as worried about catching Chelsea and possibly Arsenal as we are about you.

There are five games between the top five teams still to come, everyone else has two, we only have one (you, at home). I'm certainly not counting any chickens but City ought to profit from other teams dropping points.

p.s. In case I didn't make myself clear;

The best result for City AND Spurs is Chelsea finishing fifth.

Spurs fan in peace said:
Andouble said:

would be nice to see the three team that expect always to be there to miss out once in a while
the suicide rate would soar round here

City simply have to keep putting points on the board and beat Spurs. A draw at Anfield is more than acceptable but I envisage a win. The only thing that can stop us is Mancini.

As for Spurs I'm not too concerned as Chelsea are in our sights and I'm sure in the players sights too. 3rd should definitely be the target and an FA Cup.

Oh I forgot - I hate Spurs.

I dont think Spurs fan are that confident that they can get the 4th spot. They got incredibly hard fixtures upcoming now. Stoke home was probly their easiest of game of their remaining 8 league games.

We still have a pretty good advantage and even better if we win Liverpool.

Those Spurs fans might act confident after a win. But in reality..if i were a spurs fan..i would be very concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.