Season Predictions

Bump.

Thoughts & opionions now we are halfway mark.

So my thoughts regarding Chelsea may well be right and that we need some patience.

Think Pep has a huge job to rebuild this team,...
Premier league - still think we can win it
FA Cup - if we do the ^ I'd be happy with a quick ko (yes I know that isn't pretty - but the chavs and dippers haven't had Europe to deal with)
CL - let's get past the Principality, then it's anyone's game.
Sat on the fence anyone lmao

Bump.

Thoughts & opionions now we are halfway mark.

So my thoughts regarding Chelsea may well be right and that we need some patience.

Think Pep has a huge job to rebuild this team,...

Yep I agree. Chelsea will win it as they have no Chumps League to worry about. We have a paper thin squad that is top quality. Our priority at this stage is to finish top four..........we need to do an Arsenal until Pep can rebuild our ageing squad.

Yep I agree. Chelsea will win it as they have no Chumps League to worry about. We have a paper thin squad that is top quality. Our priority at this stage is to finish top four..........we need to do an Arsenal until Pep can rebuild our ageing squad.
We beat Arsenal and pick the 3 against Hull - confidence would be high and with Aguero back against Liverpool and we could be back in the title fight.

As someone said one game at a time - and we have a critical one against Arsenal, may turn into season changing one.

All sorts of issues, but three of them just won’t go away.

Firstly, it’s Groundhog Day with recurring injuries. Most teams have one player, but we’ve had Kompany and Delph for two seasons, Gundogan was unfortunate, but unless we buy in January, we simply can’t afford any more injury setbacks or stupid substitutions.

Secondly, we’re mentally weak when things start to go wrong. Silva and De Bruyne are the biggest culprits, but equally Aguero needs to start channelling his aggression against the top teams rather than lashing out in frustration.

Thirdly, outside of Stamford Bridge, there isn’t a decent defence in the land.

We have shown in patches that we can play, however, poor finishing, poor defending, average keeping , complete indiscipline at times and the lack of press has seen us being punished by sides that should have been out of sight. Going into December in poor form was hard enough but without Aguero and Fernandinho it's become a very difficult task.

League - 3rd. You can't solve as many defensive problems as we have in one week so it will take time to get this right. We simply do not have the correct personnel to implement the system properly and it will take another transfer window or two to get this right. Pep will rightly not change his philosophy and so we must be patient. Add to that the loss of Kompany time after time, Gundogan probably for the season and young players who are still raw, combined with average players who will never be any better than average and an ageing squad and we will slip up again in games. For me we have already lost too many points at home. However we will in my opinion finish 3rd as we will hit a run of form at some point, do create chances and will start converting them, hopefully out scoring the opposition more often than them us!

Chelsea look strong, excellent at the back, strong in attack and midfield and are keeping clean sheets galore. They will win the title for me and I think they will win it by some margin unless they suffer an injury crisis. I fancy Arsenal to be 2nd and Liverpool 4th.

FA Cup - depends how invested we are in this. Clearly two seasons ago,a friendly in Abu Dhabi was more important and last season the CL took priority. I think this will happen again at some point. I can't see us winning this based on the last two years.

CL. Bizarrely this is the one I think we will do best in as we have shown that we can give the best a game in one off matches so 2 legged games should be similar. We will hopefully have the system sorted out by then too. Semi final.

Chelsea will cruise to the title this season. I just can't see them dropping many points.the only way they might if they get a couple of injuries to say Hazard, Costa or Kante. Arsenal and Liverpool look certain for top 3 so that leaves a few clubs fighting for that 4th spot. We should be in the mix come May but it'll depend on who we can get in the Jan window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.