Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

As an over 65 year old concessionary SC holder I'd have to agree with the first poster. He / she said that 'many' OAPs are better off than younger people. Obviously not all are but in my case and with many people I know it's a fact. No kids to buy tickets for, no mortgage to pay etc means I'm very comfortable at this stage in my life after working continuously for 53 years before retiring.

From a financial viewpoint there are no positives for the club in having many thousands of over 65s as SC holders as we pay less, I assume overall we spend less on food, drink and merchandise as in the main we are tight bastards and there is no prospect of ever paying more as with junior members. If the club thought it could get away with the backlash then concessions would already be a thing of the past like horse drawn carriages. Something along the lines of what Spurs are doing is in the pipeline I reckon.
The Club aren’t going to do a Spurs. They may increase junior season cards and reduce seniors, as FOCa hang up their season cards. They are also likely to reduce the amount of discount t for seniors.

It would be nice to think that the Club would reward in some way, fans who go to every home game. That will never happen as the vocal mid winter skiing holiday types would be outraged.

It's seems the increase is inevitable and we as fans will roll over and accept or not renew (and how the club would love that).It will always be this way (tenth increase on bounce) until we start to do something. Many years ago when arsenal charged us £72 ..us fans publicised it, made banners and the media picked up on it....shortly after we had the £30 cap. In Germany there would be banners / protests everywhere if the OAP cap was going or a 10% ST rise.....City,s match day pricing for prem / champs games is a disgrace...pricing many local fans / families out.
So far...apart from using city matters etc, we as fans have laid down and disgruntily accepted the increase. We need to start to let the club know we are not happy - en masse on match day or do nothing, apart from highlighting it on BM. I suspect WE will do nothing. Is there appetite for a coordinated protest (a banner on match day picked up by cameras etc could be a start?)
That was in in 2012/13, two seasons later City subsidised it by 50% to £32 with the £200k to help away fans, which the Cap replaced in 2016/17.

The fans who paid the money but took a sheet in protecting in 2012/13 didn't help, the best thing was not to go, but City fans have never organised a boycott to an a match which was attractive to them, only ones they didn't fancy anyway.

That was in in 2012/13, two seasons later City subsidised it by 50% to £32 with the £200k to help away fans, which the Cap replaced in 2016/17.

The fans who paid the money but took a sheet in protecting in 2012/13 didn't help, the best thing was not to go, but City fans have never organised a boycott to an a match which was attractive to them, only ones they didn't fancy anyway.
Thanks corky...I don't agree with a boycott to a game, there are other things we could do. I disagree about the lads who took the sheet in....the sheet / banner at arse got loads of media attention and raised the issue. I know your not advocating a boycott. Sheff weds fans last night held up yellow posters slating their chairman..sky highlighted it and had a brief discussion.
Not sure what the answer is...but we either roll over or do something imo.

If anyone has seen any of the City directors, can you call GMP. They've been missing since Soriano became CEO.

Apparently a group of City fans called City Matters stumbled across the Directors 3 months ago, but nothing has been heard from them since then. Family, friends and fellow City fans are concerned about them.

If you've seen or spoken to any of the directors or City Matters City fans recently, please inform GMP.

City Matters ……do you have something to report on these plans ?
Probably not ….silly question really I guess ….

To be fair, they can hardly be expected to comment on every rumour that someone has heard they’re going up x%.

Given that I'll be 65 this year, this is inevitable.
Three of us sit in CB level 2, all 65 by the end of May, never any luck when it comes to dosh, back in the day when Building Societies turned into banks two of us were with the Nationwide who retained Independent status whilst the likes of the Halifax gave dividends of a few grand to its “members”.

Never been lucky on the fiscal front, however, the fact we’ve all nearly reached 65 is far more appreciated than a few quid extra in the bank.

I used to go in a Bowling Club with my Dad on a Monday night, they put the beer up 2p a pint, the punters were not happy, expressing their disappointment at the increase, an old boy who stood at the bar said “for fucks sake, there’s old members here 6 feet under who’d love to pay £10 a pint”, put it in perspective.

My mate who is a Financial Adviser has a saying::

“fly first class, if you don’t your kids will”.

Sage advise, enjoy life, live for today and don’t worry about money.

First year I paid £805, second year that increased to £830, and then £875 this year. Fully expecting that'll break £900 next season, and that's before the cup schemes.

With the price of food and drink increasing YOY as well, you have to wonder what benefit City get out of an extra million or two from the price hikes vs. pushing fans noses out of place when the cost of living is escalating.

When players are earning tens of millions a year, how about we just fuck off the shite signings such as Kalvin Phillips and curb price increases for the year? It's a win win, we don't waste money on shite signings because the decision makers fucked up, and the fans aren't expected to further empty their pockets through blind loyalty.

Won't happen, and we'll pay it, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.