Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Sorry, but there's nothing horrible or smug in their post, it's just reality. People have been struggling for 3 or 4 years with keeping their houses warm and lit, going to a football match is a pure luxury.

Just out of interest, if the club made every single season ticket and every single match ticket £10,000 per game, would that be ok with you? If not then why?

The club view is that they have far too many SC holders I reckon, which is why they haven't issued any new ones for the last two seasons. They don't need so many currently to sell out so the fewer the better.

A £900 SC works out at just over £47 a game (and the vast majority are cheaper than that). When you consider that the cheapest match day ticket for Burnley was £61 then it's easy to see why they think like that. Selling tickets is easy these days as it's all online / digital so no logistical issues as in the dark ages of queuing up at MR to buy derby tickets.

I got my renewal notice through this morning. Mine drops next season as I will be 65 in the summer so reach foc status.

Have the club offered any rationale for season ticket price increases? I've not seen anything. From what I've read in this thread prices seem to have risen between circa 4% and circa 10%. Again not clear why there are different percentage increases being applued

Feel for those that are feeling the pinch and at some point I’m sure I will, as it’s a business and anything successful becomes expensive. I’m only having to fork out an extra £35 over the season. Thats cheaper than going to the Trafford Centre with the Mrs. Won a treble last season and followed City home & away with my lads, so I’ve been fortunate to now say, I’ve seen the bloody lot and made unbelievable memories. I’ll never give up going, if needs be, I’ll set the Mrs up on Onlyfans.com - :)My thinking is, whilst Pep is here, enjoy the ride. The ride will come to an end soon…. Best wishes blues :)
You know the rules .......

The club view is that they have far too many SC holders I reckon, which is why they haven't issued any new ones for the last two seasons. They don't need so many currently to sell out so the fewer the better.

A £900 SC works out at just over £47 a game (and the vast majority are cheaper than that). When you consider that the cheapest match day ticket for Burnley was £61 then it's easy to see why they think like that. Selling tickets is easy these days as it's all online / digital so no logistical issues as in the dark ages of queuing up at MR to buy derby tickets.
It’s more that they can get £350 for offsite hospitality for the rag/Dipper/Arsenal games that appeals to them I think. If they can shift 1000 level 2 ST holders in time, they go from £47000 for one of those games to £350,000! Big jump. I’m sure they could sell thousands of extra corporate tickets for those games to tourists and that’s what they will want to do. Probably one of the reasons why the North stand is being built. Not only will that have more corporate in my opinion, they will look to make most if not all of level 2 corporate.

If you add up home games, away games, cup games, an expanded CL next season, Wembley, increased food, drink, travel, transport, etc prices over a season, watching football Is a lot more expensive than it used to be, even taking wage rises into consideration. That doesn't include the cost of living increases across the board. If most City fans could get an away ticket they would go away as well.

Most people don't go to a restaurant, a theatre, a night club, or out on the beer every week or every two weeks. Sometimes there are 3 matches in a week. And 2 matches a week on a regular basis.
I think you’ll see a decrease in people taking up cup schemes, especially with expansion of CL. Personally next season for CL will be last for me, I’d like to go to Munich if we get there as I will miss Wembley this year should we qualify (thanks wife). The league cup I can pretty much get a ticket for anyway should we get to the final, the FA cup I’ll stay in but like this year I wont go to the semi as it’s too much to do both. As there’s no cheap parking round the stadium niw I will get match day bus and not have a pint in the ground, so the club effectively loses that, just glad my daughter has no interest in City.

Yes and maybe there are people who could afford it and now can’t, or it’s causing them to have to cut back in other areas. These are hard times and your ungracious attitude fucking stinks. One of the most (two now) horrible and smug posts I have ever seen in here.
Talk about overreacting you muppet

I got my renewal notice through this morning. Mine drops next season as I will be 65 in the summer so reach foc status.

Have the club offered any rationale for season ticket price increases? I've not seen anything. From what I've read in this thread prices seem to have risen between circa 4% and circa 10%. Again not clear why there are different percentage increases being applued
Look back in this thread as there is a poster who has been told by the club that you have to be 66 on August 1st to get the over 65 discount. That's not what it says on the official site and not what happened to me five years ago but it's worth bearing in mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.