Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Not renewing. My 2 seats in 140 have gone up from £405 each in 2010-11 to £615 next season. An increase of over 50% during which time I've received a 0% pay increase!!

We have really turned into Man United, and maybe worse as they've not increased their season ticket prices for 6 years?

Add to this 30 minutes queueing to get into the ground, a shit atmosphere at 90% of games and the ever worsening transport situation after games (which will be several times as bad next year when the no parking zone round the ground is increased) means that having been watching City since 1972 , I'm walking away :-(
That saddens me ....the club is going down the pan .

For those rationalising this increase as reasonable and merely in
line with inflation then I would refer them back to the increases
applied in the four years prior to the freeze applied last year when
prices year on year increased way above any inflationary increase

The price increases those years were never merely related to any
inflationary level as they were of course significantly higher

That's keeping the TV increases completely out of the process too!

Player recruitment and wages cost went up more than inflation as well in that period. I don't remember too many fans complaining and saying that we shouldn't be buying players to allow us to seriously compete for trophies.

I suspect that was in order to bring our prices into line with other top teams. I suspect any increases from here on in will be minimal even if unnecessary.

It doesn't actually

It does in actual fact, see last paragraph..!

As we enter the final stages of the 2016/17 season, we are pleased to announce your Seasoncard renewal details for 2017/18.

The price for your current seat for the 2017/18 season is: Platinum 17/18: £685

Click here to view your personalised online Seasoncard brochure, which contains everything you need to know for 2017/18, including your Seasoncard benefits.

As you currently pay for your Seasoncard by Direct Debit, if you are happy with your reservation, we will automatically renew your 2017/18 Seasoncard and existing benefits on or around Monday 22 May, at which point you will receive a confirmation email.

Before we renew your Seasoncard, we will send you an email confirming your full Direct Debit details. Any e-purse balance accrued over the season will be deducted from the price of your 2017/18 Seasoncard. If you utilise the MCFC Ticket Exchange for our last home fixture against West Bromwich Albion, any e-purse accrued for this match will also be deducted but will not be stated on the email as the game will not have taken place. To see your latest e-purse balance click here.

If you would like to make any changes to your 2017/18 Seasoncard, amend any of your extras or change bank details, you must renew before 5pm on Friday 19 May and re-enter your Direct Debit details.
Click here to renew online Call +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1) Lines open 24-hours, booking fee of £2.50 per Seasoncard applies. If you choose to make changes and renew as above and intend to utilise the MCFC Ticket Exchange for our home matches against Crystal Palace, Leicester City or West Bromwich Albion, we advise that you make any changes and renew your Seasoncard AFTER these matches have taken place. This will ensure that your full e-purse balance is available to be deducted from the price of your 2017/18 Seasoncard. You will also need to join the 2017/18 Cup Scheme(s) during the renewal window, if renewing online or over the phone.

The deadline for renewals is 5pm, Friday 19 May. Should you wish to cancel your Seasoncard, you must contact Supporter Services no later than 5pm, Friday 19 May or we will automatically renew your Seasoncard and no refund will be given.

I don't agree that the club are 100% not arsed about the atmosphere. If that was the case, then they would never have worked with 1894 in helping reconfigure the singing section to encompass 115 and part of 114. However, I do believe that different factions within the club want different things and this often leads to a conflict of interests. For example, some bean counter somewhere will have signed this seasoncard price increase off and think they're doing a good job without giving a moment's thought to the impact on the core fanbase and the atmosphere, but at the same time there will be someone in another department that doesn't have a say in ticket prices who will have designs on working with the fans towards trying to facilitate a better atmosphere.
like in all businesses there's different stands/pots of money who don't talk to each other.

As an ex (thank fuck) civil servant one 'pot' can save pennies an it shows a profit even if another 'pot' losses a fortune short term with a projected gain in years to come. We're seeing it at City week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.