Sergej Milinković-Savić

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by ADegenerate, 21 Sep 2017.

1. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Yeah, he's much more physically imposing than JW. Would come out a bit cheaper as well. Very good alternative.

2. BlueCityfan

BlueCityfan

But would he be a better pivot? Julian Weigl fits better that mould IMO.

My only concern with Weigl replacing Fernandinho is that he isn't as aggressive and athletic.

3. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

No one knows exactly since SMS has never played as a pivot :) But I think he has all qualities to succeed. The only worrying thing about him is low mobility, but pivot position in Pep's team doesn't require a lot of running anyway (think about Busi who's slow as snail).

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Lazio director of sport Igli Tare confirmed they received “very high offers for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic”.
    “We’ve received some very high offers for Milinkovic-Savic, but I believe he can do much better and will have a very high-profile career,” the director of sport told Mediaset Premium.
    “The offers were not from Juventus, but I want to underline that he said six months ago he’s very happy in Rome and with our ambitious project for the future.”
    https://www.football-italia.net/111285/tare-high-milinkovic-savic-offers

5. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Scored 2 against Nice tonight in a 3-1 win, looks a tidy player.

6. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

7. colesy

colesy

With two ex City players getting the other two scored. lol

8. KCblue

KCblue

I'll admit I haven't seen much of him, but does he seem to be more of an Ilkay type of player? A true CM or no. 8 rather than a pivot/DM? I know there's been plenty of talk about Gundogan taking Fernandinho's spot in the XI once he gets a run of games but would this SMS lad be a genuine pivot or someone that could play throughout the midfield 3?

9. decmancity

decmancity

He would sit in the middle of midfield, like Fernandinho. A physical beast but technically very gifted, I think he would flourish under Pep. More Matic physicality than the athleticism of Fernandinho but he is no slouch.

10. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Last edited: 24 Oct 2017