Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goals Messi scored were none out of this world but caused by mistakes of City... (I do not want to make Messi smaller - but I doubt that other players would not have taken advantage of the situations, too)
Spot on. Messi had a lot of luck going for him on Wednesday night.

If Aguero is to play and for me he's a shoe in then the only way to accommodate him along with Nolito and Gundogan in the team is to play three at the back.

We played our best football this season against Everton with room for a striker.

If it's four at the back then either Nolito or Gundogan misses out- with Peps reknowned love of midfielders then three at the back is the way forward.

We need an out and out striker in the team it's as simple as that.

Pep on Sergio: "When Sergio decides to leave City it will be his decision. Next time you say he is not in my plans, you can call me."
Pep: "Out of my plans? I think I took a decision about my plans, and my plans are that Sergio and Vincent are part of the future of City."

Well Pep sure shut up the media and those reading too much into Aguero being benched for the Barca game.

His is used this questions. About every week in Germany...

But it would be different if he would have said that "Agüero is a top, top, top player - and he would wish to have 1000 Agüeros"... ;)

------------

Like this it was just a tactical decision - that was predictable if you would have looked into Pep's decision in the past. If you would have asked me if he would bench one of KdB and Agüero and then who I would have told you that it would be Agüero right now.

It might happen more often in the final stages - against the smaller teams he will field both.

I liked our game plan and our starting lineup. And IMO it worked in as much as we had more chances than Barca and were stopping their buildup and forcing turnovers.

We were undone by the best player in the world, somehow luckily getting it back after Kolarov had robbed him of the ball, and then serendipitiously being in just the right spot once Fernandinho unluckily slipped in the box.
=======
Bravo's bad pass and subsequent handling of the ball sealed our defeat.
======
For me... tacitics/stragety was correct - team selection was correct Just unfortunate in the way the game transpired.

What pissed me off more about Bravo was not the actual handball but the shite pass which was utter shit for someone brought in for his passing skills

The best players in the world didn't perform to their normal high standards IMO

We were undone by Bravo sending off

If Aguero is to play and for me he's a shoe in then the only way to accommodate him along with Nolito and Gundogan in the team is to play three at the back.

We played our best football this season against Everton with room for a striker.

If it's four at the back then either Nolito or Gundogan misses out- with Peps reknowned love of midfielders then three at the back is the way forward.

We need an out and out striker in the team it's as simple as that.
I can't believe anyone thinks the best football we've played this season was v Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.