Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players you just have to give license and freedom that other players simply don't get. Messi and ronaldo very rarely do defensive duties. Silva, for an attacking midfielder, is rarely expected to score. The reason being these players are exceptional at what they do best.

Aguero is the best striker in the prem. Hands down. He's overall game isn't weak like some on here would have you think but perhaps it's highlighted by the simple fact his main attributes are so strong; he is such a fantastic finisher and nuisance for defenders.

We'd be mad to drop him/sell him IMO. He's 28, not 33. Yes he's lost a yard of pace but he's still deadly.

All this talk seems to stem from one tactical decision from pep to drop him from the Barca game. Pretty much everyone had a bad game yesterday, certainly in the first half. Football fans are so fickle sometimes.

We have his replacement in Jesus. Let's see them battle for the starting position over the next few years. Sergio will surprise a few of you on here, he's far from finished!

He has persistent problems for me. He trys to do too much too often and runs into trouble and he doesn't always protect the ball well enough with back to goal. I'd like to see him improve on those things.

I think of all the team, he is the one guy who can be allowed to conserve some energy but still needs to be intelligent about pressing the opposition.

I thought his performance yesterday was OK. He just needs his next goal a.s.a.p.

Trying too hard and trying too much at the moment. His energy needs to be used to press and to run in behind, but it looks like he's being asked to drop more and be involved, which invariably means he's not there to put it in the net. This was the same problem for Kelechi the other week, which Pep mentioned was an issue. So it's maybe more to do with the players not understanding completely what they're being asked to do.

He has lost a yard of pace, but if he stays fit, he'll probably score 50 goals.

He was fairly greedy & inconsistent as a player at Atletico, so I don't know which Aguero folks have seen in the past, but the only one I've seen is a fantastic greedy goalscorer.

He was greedy in the good way before - now it's gone too far IMO. I think it started when Pellegrini dropped the second striker and he decided he had to take all the goal scoring burden on himself and we seemed to change to a team which was designed to basically feed him chances to put away.

What Pep will want is basically Suarez, and I believe Aguero can do that, but I don't know how Pep is going to row back on 2 years of just being a finisher in the box.

Hasn't been the same player since his hamstring injury at White Hart Lane in early 2014. Of course, he's still continued to score tons of goals and provide match winning moments since then. What I mean is, he doesn't seem to have the devestating burst of explosive pace anymore. It always seems like he's holding himself back out of fear of another injury which is highly frustrating to see

Hasn't been the same player since his hamstring injury at White Hart Lane in early 2014. Of course, he's still continued to score tons of goals and provide match winning moments since then. What I mean is, he doesn't seem to have the devestating burst of explosive pace anymore. It always seems like he's holding himself back out of fear of another injury which is highly frustrating to see
I think he probably has to. I remember a few years ago Michael Owen saying that after a few hamstring injuries he could never sprint at full speed again because if he did his hamstring immediately went. Reckons he didn't sprint properly for half of his career or something. I don't think it is that unreasonable to suggest Sergio is probably in a similar situation. Sadly Michael Owen hasn't said anything of any interest since.

BTW Those calling for Aguero to be benched... I don't think anyone is suggesting a more permanent benching, just one or two games and letting him come on as a sub. And for one thing he should definitely sit out tomorrow's game or at best come on as a sub. I know its Man Utd, but its also the EFL Cup with more important fish to fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.