Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danilo played the best cross of the night and Aguero couldn't even be arsed moving for what would be a simple tap in? He's scoring goals as a product of being in such an unbelievable team, but my god he's regressed.
But after that second half performance last Saturday, even I was saying the old Aguero, the one from 2011/12 and 2014/15 was back. And yet he may even still break the other scoring record of 38 goals in a single season. It’s quite bizarre.

A poor man's Paul Dickov. To keep getting out jumped by a 6'6 defender just sums him up. Can't believe he's blagged it for so long

Danilo played the best cross of the night and Aguero couldn't even be arsed moving for what would be a simple tap in? He's scoring goals as a product of being in such an unbelievable team, but my god he's regressed.
You really do come out with some bull.
Fucking can't be arsed to move for a tap in? Sergio Aguero? Can't be arsed to move for a fucking tap in? Good grief, you've got it bad.

Bring back Dzeko! Er cos he's about the only City player we bothered to sing about tonight. The fact 90% slated him whilst he was here is irrelevant too. True blues us lot supporting the team and the club tonight when the team were struggling and needed it whilst trying to achieve something unprecedented..... Uwe Uwe Rosler.... He's just been sacked but he'd probably do better than this Spanish fellow we've currently got... What's happened to our LOYAL support!?

But after that second half performance last Saturday, even I was saying the old Aguero, the one from 2011/12 and 2014/15 was back. And yet he may even still break the other scoring record of 38 goals in a single season. It’s quite bizarre.
Is it really? Is a player having differing performances in consecutive domestic games really breaking new barriers down? Or maybe, it’s actually quite normal.

Is it really? Is a player having differing performances in consecutive domestic games really breaking new barriers down? Or maybe, it’s actually quite normal.
Well not in one sense as we’ve seen Silva have bad games, KDB, Fernandinho, Sterling, Sane, etc. But at least 7 or 8 games out of ten they’ll be superb. With Sergio it’s maybe 2 or 3 where we say “Sergio was world class today”. We tend to overlook it if he doesn’t play well but scores, as that’s his primary role but it’s harder to overlook if he doesn’t score. Had one great chance saved well and the service wasn’t top notch tonight but overall he was very disappointing against League 1 defenders.

His remarkable goal scoring record masks the fact that he doesn't look good in this team. It's a really bizarre oxymoron, but it's true. With KDB and Silva, goals are guaranteed. But we need more than what he's producing. Still feel we need to go big on a world class forward in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.