Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Aguero’s defence, he looks exhausted. Since Jesus’ injury he’s had to play virtually every game so it’s bound to take its toll. Every time he has a bad game some seem quick to write off one our greatest ever goalscorers, and he goes on to prove them wrong in the next game. Hopefully that’ll happen on Sunday. He has a decent record against Arsenal.

Last edited:
Showed last night that having just two strikers is not ideal. When one’s injured you’re relying on one man to do everything up front and while Kun’s been superb, he was off form last night and we didn’t have that third striker option to bring on.

It’s not like Sané Sterling or BSilva are #9 options despite being forwards neither.

They seem consumed by an overwhelming urge to pinpoint the very moment of his irreversible decline. It has the faint whiff of pitiful insecurity.
I don't think its that mate. Kun seems to have two settings just now, world class and woeful. People are allowed to comment on either - doesn't mean we don't love him. Last night I thought his movement and runs lacked precision and intelligence, his decision making was shaky and he missed a couple of good opportunities - in all he played pretty poorly. Would I write him off, no, but he is not beyond criticism.

In Aguero’s defence, he looks exhausted. Since Jesus’ injury he’s had to play virtually every game so it’s bound to take its toll. Every time he has a bad game some seem quick to write off one our greatest ever goalscorers, and he goes on to prove them wrong in the next game. Hopefully that’ll happen on Sunday. He has a decent record against Arsenal.

I'm not disputing his goalscoring. I think his numbers are excellent but it's clear there's a decline. His pace has gone, he lacks that explosiveness that used to give him a yard.

I wonder if maybe he's a touch heavy? Physically he doesn't look right.

I don't think its that mate. Kun seems to have two settings just now, world class and woeful. People are allowed to comment on either - doesn't mean we don't love him. Last night I thought his movement and runs lacked precision and intelligence, his decision making was shaky and he missed a couple of good opportunities - in all he played pretty poorly. Would I write him off, no, but he is not beyond criticism.
No issue around people critiquing his performances. Of course not. What pisses me off is people seemingly desperate to declare our greatest ever striker as finished at the grand old age of 29. It’s fucking weird, if you ask me. Like I’ve posted previously, I’m sure they’ll be right eventually; and I’m equally sure they'll feel greatly enriched when they are.

His remarkable goal scoring record masks the fact that he doesn't look good in this team. It's a really bizarre oxymoron, but it's true. With KDB and Silva, goals are guaranteed. But we need more than what he's producing. Still feel we need to go big on a world class forward in the summer.
I agree with this. But I'm aware that one could equally say: it's amazing, he doesn't look as if he playing well, but he still bangs them in. Sign of a great player.

he looks tired and is playing on fumes with the odd flurry,only having 2 strikers was always going to be tough for the one who has to play every game to cover the other one,gabby can't be back quick enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.