Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he looks fantastic now. Still the odd slip when he should look up and pass, but now it's a very occasional blip rather than the norm which was last season.

I think he's got what Pep wants him to do and can now do it instinctively and still remember to do what makes him awesome.

Quiet for long spells (because of a slightly lacklustre first half behind him) but blimey some of his play was fabulous and the sharpest it's ever been.

Has been unbelievable this season. Really hope he gets a couple on Tuesday. Would love to see him get the record in a home match and he loves a goal against Chelsea so Tuesday will have to do.

I put part of his "selfishness" in the past down to a desperation for us to score and a lack of confidence in who he might pass it to. When you see your teammates squander chance after chance, it hardly inspires you to give them the ball.

I put part of his "selfishness" in the past down to a desperation for us to score and a lack of confidence in who he might pass it to. When you see your teammates squander chance after chance, it hardly inspires you to give them the ball.

Take a look at his heat map and distance covered (mean average) for the last 8 months... he's an improved player as he has bought in to peps vision. I get the notion he was more selfish because of trust but it doesn't define what we are seeing.

For many years a few, myself included, felt that he could smash the 40 goal barrier but he always comes up against obstacles such as injury, stay fit this year, even with rotation, he'll get close, however because of what pep has coached in to him, regardless of the goals, we are seeing a master at work, at his peak and rightly lauded as one of the best in the world!

Take a look at his heat map and distance covered (mean average) for the last 8 months... he's an improved player as he has bought in to peps vision. I get the notion he was more selfish because of trust but it doesn't define what we are seeing.

For many years a few, myself included, felt that he could smash the 40 goal barrier but he always comes up against obstacles such as injury, stay fit this year, even with rotation, he'll get close, however because of what pep has coached in to him, regardless of the goals, we are seeing a master at work, at his peak and rightly lauded as one of the best in the world!
Don't disagree with any of that. I'm often tempted to think he's our best ever player tbh. Yes we've had other superstars - Merlin and Yaya spring immediately to mind - and there's others who will surely be superstars. But is there anyone who surpasses Sergio? I am not sure there is.

According to the Sunday Times today he's not in the race for the Golden Boot.

His response to Pep is now looking nothing short of sensational.

I'm someone who can claim to have wanted Sergio at City before we were ever linked to him and am a huge fan of his but I was disappointed that, good as he has been, he never quite scaled the peaks that I thought he would; now he might be about to fulfill those hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.