Shakhtar (A) Pre Match Thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair fucks to the guy holding them at bay at the door, guessing he was a worker or bar owner?

They can be a bit backwards in that neck of the woods so stay safe Blues.

With the rag game in mind I would play, let Kidd manage the game haha.

Bravo

Zincheko(sp)
Mangala
Tosin
Danilo

Yaya

Barhim
Gundogan
Silva
Foden

Jesus

Would leave pep and rest of team stay in Manchester .. I know it won't happen but imagine the reaction by the rag media hahah

Zinchenko isn't eligible for this game. I'd leave the entire first 11 we plan to start against Utd in Manchester but still make a reasonably strong team out of the following.

-------------------------Bravo--------------------------
Danilo-----Adarabioyo-----Mangala----Davenport
--------------------------Yaya--------------------------
------------Gundogan---------Foden-----------------
--Bernardo-----------Aguero------------------Diaz--

Bench: Muric, Duhaney, Latibeaudiere, Francis, Smith, Dilrosun, Nmecha

Zinchenko isn't eligible for this game. I'd leave the entire first 11 we plan to start against Utd in Manchester but still make a reasonably strong team out of the following.

-------------------------Bravo--------------------------
Danilo-----Adarabioyo-----Mangala----Davenport
--------------------------Yaya--------------------------
------------Gundogan---------Foden-----------------
--Bernardo-----------Aguero------------------Diaz--

Bench: Muric, Duhaney, Latibeaudiere, Francis, Smith, Dilrosun, Nmecha
We would definitely lose with that lineup, but I don`t think Pep will play a stronger team than that. Eventually Duhaney RB and Danilo LB, and Aguero for Jesus

We would definitely lose with that lineup, but I don`t think Pep will play a stronger team than that. Eventually Duhaney RB and Danilo LB, and Aguero for Jesus

I wouldn't say we would definitely lose. It wouldn't be a shock if we did when you see how similarly rotated teams have fared in the Carabao Cup, but i think there's enough individual quality there to remain competitive and give us at least a chance of a positive result. And at least all those players should in theory be looking to impress and force their way into the established first XI. If we took a few genuine first teamers there's little incentive for them to do anything but coast through the game avoiding injury which rarely helps matters.

Going much weaker than than and genuinely playing 'the kids' would open us up to a lot of grief from Napoli, UEFA and the media we could certainly do without. But even UEFA couldn't find a way to fine us for "only" fielding a team containing Aguero, Gundogan, Bernardo, Yaya, Danilo, Mangala and Bravo.

I wouldn't say we would definitely lose. It wouldn't be a shock if we did when you see how similarly rotated teams have fared in the Carabao Cup, but i think there's enough individual quality there to remain competitive and give us at least a chance of a positive result. And at least all those players should in theory be looking to impress and force their way into the established first XI. If we took a few genuine first teamers there's little incentive for them to do anything but coast through the game avoiding injury which rarely helps matters.

Going much weaker than than and genuinely playing 'the kids' would open us up to a lot of grief from Napoli, UEFA and the media we could certainly do without. But even UEFA couldn't find a way to fine us for "only" fielding a team containing Aguero, Gundogan, Bernardo, Yaya, Danilo, Mangala and Bravo.
Shakhtar beat Napoli in their first game, and we only beat them 2-0 with our best team, and they have to win against us to qualify, so this will be a game we will lose I am afraid. Would love to see Tosin, Foden and Brahim to start though

What are the timings of the TC trip ie leave and arrival home,must be a hell of a long day that?
Not sure yet, waiting for an itinerary from TC but I presume it’ll be approx 5 am flight, returning about the same time. Sounds horrendous but after 3 days in Rotterdam/Amsterdam I wish I had come straight back from there!

Not sure yet, waiting for an itinerary from TC but I presume it’ll be approx 5 am flight, returning about the same time. Sounds horrendous but after 3 days in Rotterdam/Amsterdam I wish I had come straight back from there!

Respect, hell of a day. Not sure I could do it but then recall getting a special to Southend for a midweek LC tie in the 80s where the train along with the heating broke down on the way back so I was daft enough once. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.