Should away fans be moved.

TBooksbluearmy

At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

TBooksbluearmy said:
At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

It has been disgusted before mate it doesn't work there is no banter with the away fans and it was crap just leave them where they are. I wanted them moved to 3rd tier but i went to the south stand when Bayern went up there and it was crap

There are suppose to be plans in the pipe line to extend both the North and South Stands. So when that happens they will have to be moved anyway. I am just trying to give the club a big advantage as I can especially in cup ties where support really matters.

From the very start of us moving there the away fans' location wouldn't have to have been discussed so much, if ever, if the North Stand (that originally had three odd temporary stands there for the Commonwealth Games) would have been made into an impressive enough and big enough (for the money available) one tier for the old Kippax and North Stand (Maine Road) fans to all go.

That didn't happen.

So then the away fans should have been put in Colin Bell Level One and Two behind the away dug-out and stretching over to that corner flag - out of the way of the cameras. We should then have been given the South Stand as a full stand for the Kippax and North -ers.

That didn't happen.

Ongoing with the - hopeful(!) - introduction of Safe Standing in the not too distant future - City keep the away fans where they are, or move them over to a mirror image of where they are now in the South Stand and make 107-123 across Level One (inc the away section) Safe Standing. Then enough people are close to the away fans for banter, enough people get to stand up behind the goal and there is at least a little space for those who want to stand up but have a side-on view (like me!).

I hope this happens!

Or - living in dream land here - City knock down the current East Stand and build a Borussia Dortmund/Kippax morphed super stand that is Safe Standing and holding as many as the original Kippax Stand did at Maine Road (am I right unthinking it was 33000?!). And I can stand where my seat is now; right on the half-way line about twenty rows back. That is my dream for City by I can't see it ever happening. Then nobody would give a fuck about any away fans as we'd have the most iconic stand in world football.

It is not a coincidence that the 2 areas in the ground with the best atmosphere are right next to the away fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.