Should away fans be moved.

TBooksbluearmy said:
At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

Us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton, Reading, Wigan.

Not quite 1 of a few, more than half the Prem League give an end to the away team in cup games, subject to demand of course.

These clubs also seat you behind the goal for League games, again subject to demand.

akcity said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

Us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton, Reading, Wigan.

Not quite 1 of a few, more than half the Prem League give an end to the away team in cup games, subject to demand of course.

These clubs also seat you behind the goal for League games, again subject to demand.

Yup and that goes right through the league

BUT
the difference is that those clubs have a proper united (sorry to use that word) home end
FFS even Stockport have their Cheadle End

We have got to sort this out

sergiokun said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Nope. The times it's happened it's been pathetic

+1

Yes one time against villreal who had no away fans and the other agianst bayern. With both times tickets mostly sold to tourists, people who dont sing.....

It hasnt really been trialled properly. We need actual city fans who are prepared to sing and recognise it as the section to sing in. We took 7,000 to blackburn last year, we have the numbers, it just needs to be properly organised.

I would move the away fans into the east stand from block 110 and then move those origanal city blocks into the south stand, then we would have an end.

-- Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 am --

117 M34 said:
It is not a coincidence that the 2 areas in the ground with the best atmosphere are right next to the away fans

if we need away supporters to support the team, then what is the point of going there to support city. The atmosphere even with away fans hasnt been great. Especially in the south stand who seem to stand there with there arms folded all the time with no singing :)

The problem is that when it has been done in the past, the "away fans" section has been put on open sale, rather than moving the East Stand crowd (109-112, I think it is) around the corner into 113-116! Same with the Second Tier.

I would argue that the times it has been tested haven't been incredibly convincing. But to write it off now would be a stupid idea. I dont think moving fans to the third tier is the way forward, it would probably be better to just swap southstanders with away fans so we have a bigger section next to each other and away fans aren't viewed by TV camera's.

This would also give people who want to stay sat next to away fans the chance to move into the CBL1, just with more focus on a singing section around the ES+SS corner. If that makes any sense.

I would preferably have an entire end for a singing section, but this just wont happen with the family stand and policing for the away fans.

TBooksbluearmy said:

As I sit in the stand you don't know the name of ?? I chose to sit there for the view as I presume you did as well where do you think I should sit then.

A 'one end' needs time to develop it's own culture, not some one-off occasions with loads of general sale tickets sold in the area. Flags, banners, and the sense of community a designated area have don't come overnight.

I doubt it'd happen but making the North Stand (which we attack in the second half every game) a new singing section would be good, it'd require moving the "award winning Family Stand" though so I doubt it.

johnbmcr said:
117 M34 said:
It is not a coincidence that the 2 areas in the ground with the best atmosphere are right next to the away fans

is that a question, statement or both?

If it was a question, it would have a question mark.
Also, if it was a question, it would begin with is it instead of it is.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
sergiokun said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Nope. The times it's happened it's been pathetic

+1

Yes one time against villreal who had no away fans and the other agianst bayern. With both times tickets mostly sold to tourists, people who dont sing.....

It hasnt really been trialled properly. We need actual city fans who are prepared to sing and recognise it as the section to sing in. We took 7,000 to blackburn last year, we have the numbers, it just needs to be properly organised.

I would move the away fans into the east stand from block 110 and then move those origanal city blocks into the south stand, then we would have an end.

-- Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:24 am --

117 M34 said:

if we need away supporters to support the team, then what is the point of going there to support city. The atmosphere even with away fans hasnt been great. Especially in the south stand who seem to stand there with there arms folded all the time with no singing :)

Nearly every ground in the country has the best atmosphere right next to the away fans, if we moved our away fans, thesouth stand and singing sections would be much less quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.