Should away fans be moved.

Loukas said:
I would argue that the times it has been tested haven't been incredibly convincing. But to write it off now would be a stupid idea. I dont think moving fans to the third tier is the way forward, it would probably be better to just swap southstanders with away fans so we have a bigger section next to each other and away fans aren't viewed by TV camera's.

This would also give people who want to stay sat next to away fans the chance to move into the CBL1, just with more focus on a singing section around the ES+SS corner. If that makes any sense.

I would preferably have an entire end for a singing section, but this just wont happen with the family stand and policing for the away fans.

This sounds like the best solution, I wonder why the club hasn't look into it... Any reasons?
Aren't away supporters located in the south stand because of logistics? Because of the away fans car park etc... So this move you suggested shouldn't be that difficult and should be ok in terms of security for police, stewards etc.... Def the best and more realistic solution to unify our singing sections! Worth a word with Fletcher!

dom said:
akcity said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

Us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton, Reading, Wigan.

Not quite 1 of a few, more than half the Prem League give an end to the away team in cup games, subject to demand of course.

These clubs also seat you behind the goal for League games, again subject to demand.

Yup and that goes right through the league

BUT
the difference is that those clubs have a proper united (sorry to use that word) home end
FFS even Stockport have their Cheadle End

We have got to sort this out

no they don't. have you ever heard the kop it's shit. look at them against west brom fucking garbage. least if we are playing shit with the away fans where they are we still have a few fans that try and out sing them. all this one end bollocks is ridiculous. villa park and old trafford is bouncing every week. what a load of shit

Well if they try to move me from my seat in CBL1 to accomodate anyone I am afraid I shall start a one woman revolution!! I am all for upping the singing and the atmosphere but I am also all for sitting down for myself (I don't care whether anyone else stands as long as I can sit) which is why I chose CBL1 front row. So can we have the singing end from where it is now in the South Stand and round to the first section of the CBL1 but not the second and third section please?

Yes, very selfish I know but I think at my age I have earned that right!! :-) Plus there is no proof that this will work, whereas at the moment, in my humble opinion, it appears to be working with the away fans in the centre where you can, if you work at it, out sing them.

So come on lads and lassies, let's just get the WHOLE ground singing and building up the atmosphere.

Well done everyone for trying, but let's also not get so bogged down with trying to create an atmosphere that we end up defeating the object. In other words let's also have some spontaneity. Just my two 'pennorth of opinion.

The situation like today with a decent FA Cup following makes us look like an absolute joke of a support. We're not as bad as the situation makes us look but with two tiny 'efforts' either side of that mass of away fans is quite frankly ridiculous.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:45 pm --<br /><br />
dom said:
akcity said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
At the start of next season should the club move the away fans or not from the south stand. If the answer is yes then where.

In my opinion they should be moved to the top teir of the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand thus making both ends of the ground fulll of home fans. We are 1 of the few clubs that gives a full end to away fans for cup ties, or even gives them a postion behind the goal for league games. nearly all of the big clubs put the away fans in 1 corner of the ground or like Newcastle stick you in the top part of 1 of the stands.

Afterall didn't we do this when we played Bayern Munich in the Champions League last season so why not do it all the time for league games as well. Discuss

Us, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, WBA, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton, Reading, Wigan.

Not quite 1 of a few, more than half the Prem League give an end to the away team in cup games, subject to demand of course.

These clubs also seat you behind the goal for League games, again subject to demand.

Yup and that goes right through the league

BUT
the difference is that those clubs have a proper united (sorry to use that word) home end
FFS even Stockport have their Cheadle End

We have got to sort this out
The Cheadle End holds over 5000 too. Our two vocal areas combined aren't as big as that.

if you recall the old blue alliance got the blame for moving villarreal fans even though it was the clubs decision

there was a feeling before villarreal / bayern that perhaps operation one end could work. fans feedback was lets give it a go.

they did a mailer after the bayern game and feedback i understand was 70% in favour of keeping away fans where they are.

club, mindful of north stand relocations and other recent incidents currently prefer to get fans groups to work within the current singing areas and get those areas louder ie kippax and s/stand

club would have thrown money at it, they spent £500K changing entrances etc for bayern but as feedback was keep it as it is thats where we are today

Season ticket holders at Maine Road were given the chance to relocate to a similar position at Eastlands when we moved, thus those from the North Stand at Maine Road are largely those that were closest to the away fans in the North Stand, and likewise Kippax to the east, the Colin Bell stand is the old Main Stand, the atmosphere at Eastlands is the same as it was at Maine Road, sometimes great, sometimes good, but largely flat.
Moving away fans will have little if any effect on this as people that sit and watch the game in East Level one two or three, are not going to suddenly start singing their heads off for 90 minutes just by kicking them out of the seats they like at the side of the pitch to one they dont enjoy as much behind the goal.
And who really cares what it looks like on the TV, all it would mean is that by celebrating in front of their own fans if when an away side score, they would also be antagonising the home support.

to be honest, i dont see why they shouldnt? we should at least give it another try next season in a league cup or something.

an old thread, but after last night, i think we should have the whole of level one south stand. it made so much difference having both sections connected. might have to wait until expansion though

an old thread, but after last night, i think we should have the whole of level one south stand. it made so much difference having both sections connected. might have to wait until expansion though

The away support chucking a cocktail of beverages on SS1 at the final whistle will make that harder,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.